Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Ward is freaken' HUGE. Let me put it into comparison: Kimarhi, part of the famously tall Ronso tribe, is shorter then Ward. Doesn't anyone else find that odd?
Should this guy be considered a Dragoon, since his weapon is similar to a spear, and his attack is similiar to Jump?
FOR THE MILLIONITH FUCKING TIME! Similar to a Spear is not a Spear. The ability to use Jump does not make you a Dragoon (see FFVI's DragoonBoots, and a Crisis Core Materia, and Ricard Highwind cannot use Jump). Ward has no connection to Dragons, and does not wear Dragoon armor. He also does not have the last name "Highwind" - not required, but certainly helpful for a classification.
I say Ward is a Dragoon because you don't need all the charteristic of a Dragoon I mean Kimahari and Freya don't have armor resembling a dragon and yet they have the ability to jump and are labeled Dragoon's.And a Harpoon is a spear like weapon its just much larger.And the way he jumps is just proabaly his own style of the jump ablity I mean they Dragoons jump don't always have to look like a regular jump.- Dark Master
If we follow Blue's way of thinking, then Kimarhi, Freya, and LLyud are not Dragoons either. I think he is. I also think he, Kiros, and Quistis are the only cool people in VIII. But my point is that Ward is a Dragoon in my opinion.
I second that... I mean Cid Highwind also is sort of a dragoon, he has a spear, he can jump (hell he even can summon a dragon!) Only because Ward doesn't wear a blue armor doesn't mean he's under no circumstances a dragoon ;) ... He just is, or at least resembles a dragoon. Just like Quistis is sort of a Blue Mage, and Zell a Monk (even though they look like normal people :P)
This is for Kiros and Ward, I just put it on Ward's talk. Whose stats do they become? Like, when you have the sequences, Laguna always has Squall's stats. So, whose stats did Ward and Kiros have?
The other two characters in your party at the time, whoever they may be.
To my recollection the only known other person (other than squall) to have had a specific person to observe was Zell during his imprisonment. He had observed Ward as a cleaner of the prison.
Vienne Mountains event Edit
Is there a given reason for Ward's absence during the film-making in the Vienne Mountains if you find that certain issue of Timber Maniacs? What does that specific issue say?FreeBastion 16:18, January 21, 2010 (UTC)
- It's just one of those things that can be changed in Laguna flashbacks. There are three to my knowledge: either Laguna falls asleep in Julia's room for getting too drunk (lol) or he just embarrasses himself by talking too much. Ward is either in the movie set or he isn't, and at the Lunatic Pandora lab the Moomba either falls or doesn't. All of these depend on which Timber Maniacs magazine you read.Keltainentoukokuu 01:28, August 23, 2010 (UTC)Keltainentoukokuu
Sightings in Esthar Edit
I believe I've seen Ward wandering round a screen away from the Presidential Palace. He's bigger than anyone else and his field model is identical to Esthar Ward. I have a screenshot if anyone wants to take a look at it and decide whether it could be mentioned in the article. Tia-Lewise 09:47, December 20, 2013 (UTC)