Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
A.X.A - "We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality". 14:32, March 24, 2010 (UTC)
Just wondering if this enemy is the Superboss of the game, is that right?
I would say so, it's way stronger than the final boss and it's found in the final non-story related mission, so I think it qualifies.
A.X.A - "We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality". 15:52, March 24, 2010 (UTC)
I always thought that FFXIII would make a Superboss with the highest HP, but oh well, every superboss has its powers.
*mild bump* Incidentally, what justification is given for Cingy being the superboss of FFXIII? After all, the honour of "Highest HP" goes to Long Gui, as does the higher award of "Most Badassedly Hard To Kill" and, for that matter, "Most Badassedly Hard to Even Survive The Opening Attack Of". I'd just call Cingy a superboss, but Long Gui the big bad list-topper. Come on, even Shaolong Guis are tougher than Cingy.
Category: Superboss musings
Killing it Edit
just thought i'd put this here so people can divulge information that's usfull for the main page This method is taken from piggyback as I haven't met it yet but there never far off on methods killing anything.
this is quiet possible the hardest fight in the entire game Vercingetorix has 15.8million hp second highest in FFXIII beatn only by the Long Gui with 16million. it is resistant to all elements and death so no cheap ways out. and has a move that renders all damage as 0.
it is highly recommended you have full CP on your party with all abilities. it is also highly recommended you have fully upgraded weapons and accessories, as the 6th ATB slot is highly usfull and its a good idea to equipt the Genji Glove which removes the damage cap.
Create these 6 paradigms preferably with Lightning Fang and Hope, but Vanielle and Snow can replace the latter two.
Infiltration: SAB+SAB+SAB Relentless Assault: COM+RAV+RAV Diversity: COM+RAV+MED Rapid Growth: SYN+SYN+SYN Salvation: MED+MED+MED Tortoise: SEN+SEN+SEN
Start off by applying Fortisol and Aegisol before the fight to have an instant 8 buff boost from the get go.
Vercingetorix has a specific attack pattern, it starts off by doing standard but powerfull attacks that may include Wind Shear (hits whole party) and putrescence which does damage and dispel's two enhancements, after that is Impenetrable Aura, making it invincible for a short period and heals a total of 8x for 1% of lost HP, so more damage done more health restored, but 1% is negligible. it also cures all status ailments from itself, grants enhancements and empties the chain gauge completely.
its part of this system is Wicked Whirl, which deals heavy damage to all, so shift to Tortoise to negate some of the damage and survive, and then heal with salvation if needed.
its sprouts extra wings and increases in power when its health reaches 90,60 and 30%
you should start with infiltration, or if you don't have buffs Rapid Growth till your suitably buffed then switch to Infiltration, apply de-buffs (Poisen, Slow, Deprotect, Deshell and Imperil. poison is invaluable given Vercingetorix's 15.8mill hp total) heal when necessary with diversity or salvation depending on your situation. and then go on the offensive with Relentless assault and when needed Diversity. when it enters impenetrable aura immediately go to salvation to quickly prepare for Wicked Whirl. and then re-apply de buffs and buffs, then return to relentless assault and attack again, continue this untill you see wicked whirl comeing then immediatly switch to Tortoise, after the move heal with salvation and then continue the whole shabang again untill it's dead. JamesDC99 20:19, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
Change in StrategyEdit
So, I thought that the strategy there was a bit unspecific, so I posted the one I (and a lot of people I know) used to beat him, which isn't hard after all. Anyone who wants specific tips has them, and people who want to Innovate can use that as a base. If anyone wishes to change this back to what it was, their call ;D 126.96.36.199 12:12, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Link with FFXIII-2 ?Edit
While playing through FFXIII-2, on the topic of Paddra, it is explained that Paddra was destroyed because of Yeul's prophecy, that brought ruin to the city. It reminded me of a quote from mission 64, concerning Vercingetorix : "No matter. I know where he lurks: in the Paddreaen archaeopolis, whose doom he did herald. There do I go, to bury the beast as many times as I must." At first, while playing FFXIII, I thought he merely destroyed the city. But now, with Yeul's prophecy, I'm starting to doubt things about it... Could Vercingetorix be bound to Yeul ? —Once slave to the Light, now master to the Darkness. 13:17, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
Article Discrepancy: Vercingetorix's Damage TypesEdit
This article says Vercingetorix's attacks are "non-elemental." The Enemy Abilities section lists "Wicked Whirl" as a "Physical" damage type attack and the "Wind Shear" as a "Wind" damage attack. He deals normal physical damage attacks between "Putrescence" (also listed as "Physical") and the former special attacks. What attack does he do that is "non-elemental?" This article needs clarification and synchronization with the Enemy Abilities section information. Which is correct? 188.8.131.52 22:07, July 2, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't know about the wind attack, but "physical" is not considered an element, since an attack is either physical or magical. - 01:51, July 3, 2014 (UTC)
- None of the attacks are wind-elemental so the enemy abilities page is wrong.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 02:04, July 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Completely wrong. I just tested a group with 2 maxed Champion's Belts and 2 Magus's Bracelets each. They took the battle well until the wind attack killed them from full HP. Then just switched 1 of each to Sylphid Rings and the wind attack wasn't a threat anymore.
Poison ability and strategiesEdit
I thought I would just point out that Vanille is not the only one who knows poison; in fact Lightning knows poison, and Hope knows poisonga (he can only do wide-range saboteur abilities for some reason). Also, I thought I'd add in a second, more aggressive strategy for anyone looking to 5* this battle without using an eidolon. Hope no-one minds (y) Eddiehimself (talk) 17:35, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
- We decided to try and do strategies in a way of giving tips that players can adapt to their own set-up, because people kept adding strategies that were more akin to "how I won this battle" and there were numerous slightly different strategies being added lengthening the article but not making it more useful. Some kind of "easy win" strategy at the end if one really struggles is always apt though. Stuff like "when in low health you should heal" and "if buffs run out repply" can also be redundant because it is assumed people can figure them out themselves. Thus I re-structured it a little, hope it seems okay to you.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 18:38, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
Ok, I guess that's fair enough; I suppose you wouldn't have got this far in the game if you had no idea what to do :p . But I would say that it may still be useful to point out that building up the chain gauge is not particularly useful in this battle unless you specifically want it to switch into Impenetrable Aura mode as quickly as possible as a respite from its attacks, since that is something that's pretty much specific to this enemy. Eddiehimself (talk) 19:18, January 8, 2015 (UTC)
- I moved the bit about it going to Impenetrable Aura at 200% to the "battle" section that is supposed to describe the boss's behaviour but yeah maybe it should be in the strategy section that you can't really stagger this foe (can you?)Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 19:29, January 8, 2015 (UTC)