Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
"The easiest place to find him is in a small green-colored part of the Cavern, to the right of the first fork from the entrance." - Is there any actual evidence that Tonberries can be encountered at higher rates in specific locations in the Cavern? Sounds spurious to me... astralphoenix777 (talk) 22:26, October 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Some enemies tend to appear only in specific spots, like those stupid birds in Djose Highroad. You notice when trying to capture them for the Monster Arena...Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 22:45, October 26, 2012 (UTC)
"The easiest place to find him is in a small green-colored part of the Cavern, to the right of the first fork from the entrance." This should be removed from the main page. Contrary to some peoples beliefs, there is no higher chances of finding the monster in a specific area. It appears the encounter rates are set the moment you step in, regardless of which path you take. By playing FFX on a PC emulator, loading a save at the entrance of the area and walking a different route, always resulted in the same monster encounters, in the same order, doing the same battle start (Ambushed, Normal, Preemptive Strike). I've found the same results in Omega Ruins, Zanarkand, Mt Gagazette and other small straight-forward areas. It seems the only exception to this is the Calm Lands, which appears to be a split area with different encounter rates depending on which corner of the Calm Lands you are traversing. KewlCrayon (talk) 16:16, September 16, 2014 (UTC)