Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
I can't say I didn't see this coming...rhythm is a tricky word to spell apparently. ._. Koharu Nami 05:21, July 6, 2011 (UTC)
- 1 New Dissidia?
- 2 I've noticed something.
- 3 Theatrhythm is MAYBE based from...
- 4 Plot?
- 5 Main Site Update
- 6 Sub-characters
- 7 Foreign release
- 8 DLC Planned
- 9 Is this coming to North America?
- 10 Tactics
- 11 (>;_;)> *sniffle* NO!
- 12 please excuse my ignorance but...
- 13 New pages
- 14 Character boxes
- 15 IoS port
- 16 Character Descriptions
- 17 Character Levels
- 18 Subpage/different page for iOS
New Dissidia?[edit source]
So, the logo is obviously a chibi-fied version of the Dissidia logos. So, this makes me wonder if this is the new Dissidia-related game that was supposed to 'be going in a different direction than the previous two'. Anyone else have similar thoughts, now that the logo is out? A.J. two (Smashboards) 03:59, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Well there's this... I'm guessing there's enough to put on the article but I'm not sure how to start it out. Andriasang is just flooding with new information. Koharu Nami 04:02, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
One things for sure, this game will either be kinda fun or really stupid. Maybe Square is trying to make more spin-offs similar to Dissidia but not Dissidia. I just hope if they come up with a big compilation that it won't take long/won't get in the way of anything else.AlVan 04:18, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
- They're trying to lure younger fans to play their games. (But this seems fun to me). SquallRocks 05:55, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
I think it looks cool but I'm kinda disappointed that this was the rumored 3DS game instead of a V or VI remake.AlVan 07:44, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
I think that any detail regarding this game's connection to the Dissidia subseries' canon is yet to come. Right now the only thing the two have in common are the characters. - Henryacores^ 14:58, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Dev:Arguments' not found.
[ http://www.khwiki.net/Forum:KH3D_Progress_and_other_news And link from there.]AlVan 02:49, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
- That's all about Kingdom Hearts... Koharu Nami 02:55, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/13/famitsu_squenix_feature/ I did say, "and link from there". read a little lower this time, it also mentions HD remakes in consideration for either series, FF XI expansions (not XIV, that's pretty annoying), and that there isn't a connection between dissidia and this one.AlVan 16:46, July 14, 2011 (UTC)
I've noticed something.[edit source]
These characters look just like their KH Mobile/Re:coded counterparts. CDiGanon 17:26, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- It was stated in the article from the beginning, dummy.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) 18:09, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- Captain Obvious, saviour of universe! - 20:30, August 3, 2011 (UTC)
- I said I have noticed. I didn't say I just noticed.
Theatrhythm is MAYBE based from...[edit source]
- Nah, this looks like a Final Fantasy themed version of Elite Beat Agents--Gibbeynator 21:24, September 6, 2011 (UTC)
Do we have any new yet as to whether the game will have a plot, or no?
- I don't think so yet, but I can't imagine what they would need a plot for, this is a rhythm game. Maybe this is the 11th cycle of the war, and instead of fighting, Chaos and Cosmos have a dance off to determine who wins the cycle.--Gibbeynator 16:42, September 11, 2011 (UTC)
Main Site Update[edit source]
It has updated with a few sections on gameplay, screen shots, explaining how it works as well as a wallpaper section. Also, one more t'ing
The character section was also added. It contains all the main hero representatives from Dissidia.
- Warrior of Light
- Onion Knight
- Cecil (paladin form only *is sad*)
- Shantotto (YES YES YES YES YES!)
so i guess they were being honest when they said a major important character from each game. i am very happy to have discovered this, and actually intend to buy a 3DS for this game now.
Ixbran 08:07, September 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Yaaa! for the fact major characters especially Shantotto and Lightning, Nyeh!! for the fact i got no 3DS!!! LegendAqua --VOTE IN THE LIGHTNING COLOSSEUM! 08:13, September 12, 2011 (UTC)
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKi9Z7Axyog&feature=player_embedded Also, video. It's totally Elite Beat Warriors of Cosmos.--Gibbeynator 17:32, September 12, 2011 (UTC)
Square Enix announced that there are going to be sub characters that you can unlock via crystals. link. The fallowing are the characters announced so far.
*is super excited for Vivi and Faris*
Ixbran 06:45, November 13, 2011 (UTC)
Where is Kuja, The Emperor and Golbez? They are not on the the villain list!
- (a) Sign your posts with ~~~~ please Mr. Anon. Thanks. (b) they probably aren't villains. C A T U S E23:06, December 17, 2011 (UTC)
Foreign release[edit source]
Will this game be released in the PAL and NTSC regions, or Japan only?
- First, please sign your posts; second: as of now it is confirmed to be released only in Japan.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) 18:47, January 7, 2012 (UTC)
- You could have said it a little nicer. Like "Please, sign your posts." 22.214.171.124 00:00, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
DLC Planned[edit source]
Theatrhythm is going to have DLC as stated by Andriasang
When the first DLC is announced we should make the DLC Page.
Ixbran 09:47, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
Is this coming to North America?[edit source]
Is this coming to North America? Pleasepleaseplease say yes! I really really hate it when Japan releases a beyond awesome game which we aren't able to play.
Though I shouldn't complain because at least we got Dissidia and I am grateful for that. Moogleknight24 22:06, February 23, 2012 (UTC)Moogleknight24
- Someone already asked this question on this page, so please pay attention to what you post. Currently, we do not know if the game will be published outside of Japan, but the game is quite popular in Japan I think and we can have some spark of hope that it will come out in English eventually.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) 22:11, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
I would LOVE to hear some music from Final Fantasy Tactics in this game!!! Anyone else with me??? Does anyone else think that would be an awesome idea? I mean, there are dozens of final fantasy games with great music besides the ones in the main series! I'd love to see some of their songs in this game. 126.96.36.199 01:24, June 28, 2012 (UTC)
(>;_;)> *sniffle* NO![edit source]
I really truly did want some music from The After Years, especially The Creator's battle theme. I would even spend 1,000,000 dollars to hear that one theme... Sad that I don't have that kind of dough. Oh, what's that melancholic yet serene song emanating from your computer, you ask? That's my soul crying. Yeah, my tears rejected my own body and is know weeping softly in my soul. Can somebody please bring me a tissue? (Oh, and Link's already learned it on his Ocarina. It's called The Song of the Undying.) 188.8.131.52 00:44, July 1, 2012 (UTC)
I'm actually pretty bummed Distant Worlds isn't in the game, even though it's a fairly memorable song (the Distant Worlds concerts are STILL touring). I am also bummed they don't have anything from XIV, but I'm going to write it off as "the game is still in development." It's a shame. I'd have loved to play Nail of the Heavens. Yrusama 22:32, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
- That's pretty much exactly what I saw in the interview I read about it, don't remember the link... Jimcloud 22:37, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
please excuse my ignorance but...[edit source]
is the game's genre for real, something Square Enix said or a site joke? Jblancosegura 07:17, July 3, 2012 (UTC)Jblancosegura
- I excuse your ignorance, but not stupidity for asking such a ridiculous question. Doreiku Kuroofangu 07:40, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
- okay :[ (still doesn't get it...) Jblancosegura 07:43, July 3, 2012 (UTC)Jblancosegura
- Yes, it is real, you can easily find that out with about 30 seconds on YouTube. We don't do jokes on the mainspace. -- Some Color Mage ~ (Talk) 07:49, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Except once a year where the wiki simply falls into hysterics.
- It would appear Drake strikes again with his insulting of users while not answering their questions. Oh Drake, you know how much I love you? JBed 20:21, July 3, 2012 (UTC)
New pages[edit source]
Hey, should I make seperate pages for the characters like in Dissidia? It would be easier than just slapping their stats and whatnot on the pages we have now.16:56, July 4, 2012 (UTC)
- If you want to post their stats I'd say to go with making them subpages with "(...)/Theathrythm" as the name for the subpage.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) 17:21, July 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's what I mean. I have TFF, so I'll do it.
20:45, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- WAIT! Wait! WAITWAITWAIT! I asked about this the other day, and I was told explicitly by many people to place them on their appropriate main character pages under the "Theatrhythm Final Fantasy" sections. So, uh, yeah, that's what you should probably do >_> that said, I was just about to get around to doing the same thing myself. Jimcloud 20:52, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
Oh! If so, you may wish to limit the number of levels included on the page to reduce large size of the page. I suggest stats for levels: 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 60, 80, 90, and 99, like we have on FFXII pages.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) 20:57, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay. I don't know how to make a subpage anyway. 21:15, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Wait, should I be making a table or something to show this?
21:21, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm planning on making one myself, as soon as I manage to get Cid Haze or Minwu (Drop a stupid Silver or Yellow Shard, Judge guy! I don't want Locke yet >_<). From there, you can just add information to premade tables in the same format as the information above it. Jimcloud 21:29, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
You just don't make separate pages out of nothing. First, one should consider the amount of information the sections have, before giving them their own page (for example, plot, stats/abilities, appearance). Since Theatrhythm has no plot whatsoever, and no original character design, it shorts the amount of information to abilities (which unlike Dissidia and Final Fantasy Tactics, are not completely-character exclusive and we don't cover Dissidia Support abilities on the characters' subpages) and stats, which, on their own, don't need a dedicated page whatsoever. - Henryacores^ 21:36, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for the help and advice. I'll get right on it. 22:54, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
Should there be a dedicated Item page? And I'm still confused. Is someone making a page for a list of abilities? I'd like to contribute. I have Prishe and Minwu unlocked so far. This game is far more fun that I'd expected. I've stopped playing XIV since I got it (but not for good). Yrusama 22:39, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
- There should be lists of Items, Equipment, Abilities, Enemies, all the regular stuff. Also there really needs to be a List of Music page so we can get those non-links off of the nav template. - 22:43, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
- I've been trying to work on some things, but I've yet to contribute any dedicated time to actually improving the Wiki. I have, however, noted down ability and level gain for characters I've leveled on my sandbox, although I ought to put down the level 1 stats for Prishe, Cosmos, Yuna, Faris, and anyone else I got but forgot about >_> Jimcloud 22:50, July 7, 2012 (UTC)
- It's a shame this game doesn't have a "Level Down" feature like in Dissidia 012. I'll keep track of any party members I unlock. I think I almost have Snow. Yrusama (talk) 19:17, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll mark them down as I get them. - +DeadlySlashSword+ 19:20, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, I've got every character (Yay!), and I have them all up to at least level 10 (except Sarah and Cid, working on them now), and will be going up further with all of them. Unfortunately, I failed to mark down the stats for Cloud, Light, Shantotto, and Zidane from levels 71-86 :\ (more specifically, I did mark them down but forgot to save the changes before I went to bed and thus lost all of my data -_- but not the point), so if anybody can get those and note them down that would be great. Thanks :D Jimcloud 19:43, July 9, 2012 (UTC)
Character boxes[edit source]
Yes or no? This game is the first and only playable appearance for Sarah and Cosmos, so my questions here would be: 1) Do we have enough info for a theoretical character box, and 2) Which trumps which, a minor playable appearance, or a major NPC role? - +DeadlySlashSword+ 02:47, July 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I would say that, although they have their own stats and such, they aren't really "playable characters" in the usual sense. You can't directly control their actions really. I would be inclined to say they don't warrant boxes, personally. The characters are relatively unimportant in TFF; it makes a difference who you use, but not that much -- Sorceror Nobody 18:09, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think characters don't really have any content besides abilities and stats. Oh, and how to unlock them, of course. - Henryacores^ 18:18, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
IoS port[edit source]
Just a heads up, the game is getting an IoS port with new content and characters like Ramza Beoulve. That's what that teaser site was about, likely. https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/theatrhythm-final-fantasy/id572828338 DiamondEdge (talk) 15:12, December 12, 2012 (UTC)
- This video shows DLC songs (seems to be the same as the 3DS, and batch od DLC CHARACTERS, including Rinoa, Garnet, and FFXIII-2 Serah so if anyone wants to improve the page then be my guest. ;)—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) 19:04, December 12, 2012 (UTC)
Character Descriptions[edit source]
I've noticed that the individual articles for characters in this game (Terra Branford, Snow Villiers, etc.) typically open the Theatrhythm section with an official description of the character in question. However, the source of these descriptions varies. Some articles use the in-game CollectaCard description, whereas others pull the quote from this site.
For the sake of consistency, I'd like to streamline these articles by pulling quotes from the same source, but I thought I'd ask for some feedback on which source to use. Personally, I think it might be best to go with the online description, seeing as the in-game description can already be found in our CollectaCard article. Additionally, the online source provides us with descriptions of the new characters that were added to the iOS release of the game (and therefore do not have CollectaCard descriptions to the best of my knowledge). Any thoughts? —JustAnotherJosh talk 03:38, October 1, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm still open to discussion, but seeing as it's been about a week and there haven't been any objections I think I'm going to start implementing the online descriptions. —JustAnotherJosh talk 00:24, October 9, 2013 (UTC)
Character Levels[edit source]
Rather than having levels 1-99 for the characters in the original Theatrhythm, can we just make them 1, 50 and 99 like Curtain Call? I personally don't think anyone wants to see their whole chart, but I think its better they only see how they start off, what they are halfway, and finally the end of their level. And since the game is a spin-off of Final Fantasy, that would make more sense. Vapor Rub (talk) 10:59, June 8, 2014 (UTC)
- It might be possible that we only have a certain amount of info for Curtain Call and that's why there aren't full tables. Nevertheless, some cutting down might be helpful. Tia-Lewise 11:34, June 8, 2014 (UTC)
- We generally list stats at level 1, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 99/100. Just check IVTAY characters.—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 12:41, June 8, 2014 (UTC)
Subpage/different page for iOS[edit source]
From what I have been told of Theatrhythm for iOS, it sounds like a totally different game to the 3DS version. A lot of the information on this page does not apply to the DS version. For instance:
- No Defence stat.
- Different game modes available.
- Usable summons are different; they are fixed in the iOS release but dependant on other factors in 3DS.
- iOS has no items.
- Different stats and abilities for every character.
- iOS has Illusive scores which 3DS does not have; 3DS has Event music which iOS does not have.
In this case I think it's better to split into a totally different page instead of just using /Version Differences. This is because a lot of the information on the page is misleading. I would support moving to a subpage, or just creating different gameplay headers for each version, or something. Thoughts?-- Technobliterator TC 12:47, December 25, 2014 (UTC)
- The problem with moving to a subpage is that it is very unhelpful to navigation, seeing as they both hold the same name. I would support perhaps a section in the page talking about the iOS version and its differences, since I would say there is probably a fair bit less to talk about - the game seems simplified compared to the 3DS version. That's my two cents. Jimcloud 13:35, December 25, 2014 (UTC)