Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
The square image shown for this article that I saw when I scrolled all the way down a page featured a major spoiler for A Realm Reborn, clear as day.
Is there any way for this not to appear there?
If you're on mobile there's no way to avoid those kind of images unfortunately. If you're on PC you should be able to hide sections with major spoilers by clicking the "hide" option on the spoiler template...if there was a spoiler template there. Okay, been wondering now, are we axing spoiler templates because I've been seeing a lot of articles having them removed? I know they're not functional on mobile, so if we are, not surprised. >~> --Miphares (talk) 15:14, 17 September 2021 (UTC)
- I believe the spoiler tag is indeed not being recommended anymore. It's the lede and gameplay sections that are to be left spoiler free. Better off clicking on the table of contents rather than scrolling if one still wants to look at a page but avoid the story section.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 15:34, 17 September 2021 (UTC)
- To be clear, I saw the spoiler image at the bottom of another page entirely. The LNC/DRG weapon page, I think. I hit the bottom and among the recommended articles was Thancred's and the image was the Ascian one. My intent here is simply to help not spoil A Realm Reborn for new players. I hope that clears it up.
Drakepenn (talk) 16:09, 17 September 2021 (UTC)
- If it's in the recommended article thumbnail, I'm not sure anything can be done about that. Do Fandom recommended articles often pick the first thumbed image for those? Or is it completely random? I'm not an expert on this tbh. --Miphares (talk) 16:50, 17 September 2021 (UTC)