Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
"sometimes referred to as Sunburst" - when? ILHI 16:16, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
Should the name of this page still be Nova? 3 out of the spell's 4 appearances go by the name Supernova, including the two most recent.--Oranejo 04:29, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, move. ILHI 16:17, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
Do the formulae that appear during the Supernova sequence in Final Fantasy VII have any meaning?--18.104.22.168 03:24, November 16, 2009 (UTC)
Why is the name of the page one word when the two instances of Super Nova being used for the name have it as two words? Should be moved. I'll get to it when I finish my current project. Doreiku Kuroofangu 23:43, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Don't know about it's other appearances, but in a German vid of Dissidia, Exdeath's Grand Cross is called "Supernova". This mean anything to either page? Doreiku Kuroofangu 20:36, December 3, 2009 (UTC)
Japanese Version Edit
Apparently the whole supernova animation wasn't in the Japanese version of FF7. The original animation was much shorter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWcFUQ0THJ0. I can't find a good source though. --22.214.171.124 21:00, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
Supernova equation Edit
I think it's not λ (Greek letter Lambda) but instead γ (Greek letter gamma). What do you think? Spongeyboy 11:55, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
- I don't have access to the game at the moment, so I can't check to be sure, but as we mention on the page; it's a real astronomical equation, and thus I would believe the real equation would be used (there is really no reason for the production staff to change it) Likeacupcake 12:00, May 26, 2011 (UTC)
Entire Solar System? Edit
Nah, not entire. Uranus and Neptune are not hit by meteor, Mars isn't shown after Sun expands (Mars probably due to that Sun is not able to reach him as red giant, in which probably Sun changed after being hit by meteor). What? 17:56, June 12, 2011 (UTC)
Split as they are not the same thing. Nova should have its own article...I'll probably take care of that myself actually.
I think it is time to rename this page to "Super Nova (ability)" instead of "Supernova (ability)", since that seems to be the most recurring name for the attack lately. The only times the attack is referred to as "Supernova" are in FFXI and FFATB from what I can tell, KH1 also if people want to count that. The name Super Nova has been used consistently in FFVII, CCFVII, LRFFXIII, FFXIV, DFF/012, and WoFF.
If people disagree with (ability) tag, I believe "Super Nova, "Super Nova (Sephiroth ability)" or "Super Nova (Limit)" are also potential article names. Although I do not necessarily like the latter two, as the ability is becoming associated with Shinryu and other super bosses in the series. However I'm just suggesting what has been suggested before by other users. Thoughts? --Miphares (talk) 21:45, April 20, 2017 (UTC)