Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
His name is Solus zos Galvus, not Solus Zos Galvus.--126.96.36.199 20:36, November 23, 2013 (UTC)
- It's written with uppercase letter in the game (for all the other tribunes too). but on the official site they're all written in lowercase so it seems like we're having a problem. Monterossa (talk) 22:15, November 23, 2013 (UTC)
Removed references to the WoL being a reincarnation of Hythlodaeus. It's suggested the Warrior of Light is a sundered Amaurotian - even that is not confirmed. Everything else is speculation at this time.
Move to Emet-Selch
Before Emet-Selch is introduced, his former identity, Solus zos Galvus, had virtually no presence in the game. He does not appear in the game at all, he is only referred to in passing, aside from its significance to the history of the Garlean Empire, the Solus zos Galvus identity has virtually zero impact on the main story. It is only when this character is actually seen onscreen for the first time, as Emet-Selch, that he becomes important to [i]FFXIV[/i]'s overall story and it is what he is primarily called throughout [i]Shadowbringers[/i] until his demise. Also, Emet-Selch is his real name. Therefore, this article should be moved to Emet-Selch. –Nahald (talk) 00:12, December 25, 2019 (UTC)
- I fully agree with this. At worst, if there are concerns about spoilers, perhaps Solus and Emet-Selch can be made separate pages, with the Solus page representing the public facing persona that "died" in ARR. --Adonzo (talk) 00:28, December 25, 2019 (UTC)
- I think the name should be whatever a regular person would type into google to find more info on them. So Emet-Selch with Solus and Hades as alt names?Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 15:58, December 25, 2019 (UTC)
Iffy on the move to Emet-Selch due to spoilers. In addition, he is not referred to as Emet-Selch until Shadowbringers, before that in dialogue he is referred to as "Solus zos Galvus" in dialogue until his introduction to the party in the Crystarium, where it is changed to Emet-Selch after Lakeland. Also all promotional material refer to him as Solus even the Shadowbringers official site and presentations.
Possibly separating to two pages seems like the logical outcome here, as while he is Emet-Selch, the real Solus died the moment Emet-Selch stole his body through possession, and the original body died at the point of mid 2.x. At the time of 4.x, Emet-Selch is using clone bodies modeled after the original Solus in his youth. So the page separation should be handled like the original Yda Hext, we stop the moment Emet stole his body and life away from him, and mention that Emet ruled over Garlemald in that body until he died at the point of Dreams of Ice. --Miphares (talk) 21:29, December 26, 2019 (UTC)
- There's precedence for this with Lyse, only difference being she was impersonating an existing character. Still, at the very least, we should not have this article revolve around the life of the character of Solus when that is a very small part of Emet-Selch's life. –Nahald (talk) 06:23, December 27, 2019 (UTC)