Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
- Game speaks the truth, FF7 has no "dark-element". Drake Clawfang 21:30, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
- I wouldn't trust the game, it lied to me the whole way through Disc 1 and half of Disc 2. ILHI 21:53, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
Sorry about the removal Henry, dunno what I thinking. Drake Clawfang 21:55, 28 June 2009 (UTC)
The page for Tiamat (FFVIII) was recently edited by a moderator to state that fire, ice, and lightning defense all have to be raised to blunt Dark Flare's damage. This page still read "fire, thunder, or ice resistance." I propose changing this page to match Tiamat's. I am not making the change myself since I have not completely tested this. I can confirm from experience that raising electric defense by itself will not reduce Dark Flare's damage. IronGasoline (talk) 10:16, April 4, 2014 (UTC)
Dark Flare is not Shadow Flare.
- I actually determined through experimentation that FF VIII's Dark Flare is a fire only attack. You may see my methodology on the Talk:Tiamat (Final Fantasy VIII) page. My edit has been accepted on both this page and Tiamat (Final Fantasy VIII)'s. Presuming Lilith Ascendant's page is correct, her's is the only other that is not non-elemental.IronGasoline (talk) 23:25, March 28, 2015 (UTC)
Bringing this up one year later, added in FFXIV's since apparently a Bahamut uses a Dark Flare of sorts. So there's enough for a page for Dark Flare perhaps at this point?
- There's no Dark Flare in FFXIV, I actually checked this yesterday. The name Dark Flare is no where in the game's data, ENG and JPN. The ability the Japanese wiki is talking about is Bahamut Prime's Flare Star, I have no idea why they even put it on that page. Although, Dark Flare should be have its own page due to the different name and effect. --Miphares (talk) 07:39, April 11, 2016 (UTC)