Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Final Fantasy II[edit source]
"and does damage equal to 20-40 minus the target's Defense x the level of the ability."
I'm pretty sure this equation must be wrong. At the moment from this text I get:
- RandomNumber(min 20, max 40) - Targets_Defense x Level_Of_Ability
But surely from this equation the higher the level of the ability, the less damage it does. instead shouldn't it be:
- (RandomNumber(min 20, max 40) - Targets_Defense) x Level_Of_Ability
This way it level of the ability (of which Higher means better) multiply's the amount of damage instead of reducing it.
It's awkward I know, but as it is now, it could cause confusion (wouldn't want to attack people randomly). As I haven't played the game, could someone who has could check this out for me? Brotherhood619 00:17, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
- By all means correct this. I've noticed the occasional order of operations issue and I'm sure there are more. Bluestarultor BSA 02:32, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
- For that matter, it's probably more like (RandomNumber(min 20, max 40) x Level_Of_Ability) - Targets_Defense so you don't get negatives. Bluestarultor BSA 02:35, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, I believe you are probably correct on that point. I have edited the section as such, if there is any problems with the way I have written it feel free to change it. Thanks for the help. Brotherhood619 16:57, February 19, 2012 (UTC)