Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Gunther Schultz II[edit source]
It just seemed strange that Harley was noted as the only notable Scholar, when FFXI has a couple of them. Gunther is probably the most notable Scholar in the game, and this his FFXIclopedia page: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Professor_Schultz . --Nahara 18:26, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
What about Baralai from FFX-2?[edit source]
Wouldn't Baralai also classify as a Scholar? He surely dresses the part, despite the fact he uses his staff as a constant melee weapon. He also has notable skills in both Black and White magic; Demi, Ultima, Regen, Stop, etc.
22.214.171.124 23:30, December 22, 2012 (UTC)Danko Kaji (FF.Net)
- Baralai is not a playable character.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 00:07, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
- You can get him with the International stuff can't you? *checks* 126.96.36.199 00:18, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Yup, you can. Not that there's any videos of it or that I've ever seen it. But I don't think it matters whether they are playable characters or not. So long as you can make a clear observation on how they relate to the class, it's fine. That's why II is allowed to appear in Dragoon (job)-- because they are still Dragoons. 188.8.131.52 00:24, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Pure fan speculation. Don't try to make up a job for character that has no actual job. I have the International version of X-2 and he does not use any abilities that are related to the Scholar class at all. --184.108.40.206 00:44, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
Wouldn't it be appropriate to include characters that exhibit scholar-like professions and functions? I understand not imposing a canonical "Job" on characters such as Arazlam Durai, but his profile does explicitly call him a "scholar."Fanmattai (talk) 08:41, November 5, 2013 (UTC)