Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Low MP? Edit
When talking about Seymour, the page says: "Sages typically have low MP". Really? The only games in which Sages have significantly lower MP or MP Growth than other classes are FFIV, where Tellah's MP is limited so you can't cast Meteor and Fusoya's is (probably) limited so he doesn't obscure other spellcasters on your party; and FFIII DS, in which Sages have low MP so they don't make other magic classes completely obsolete. In FFTactics Advance/A2 they actually have the best MP growth among all classes available for Nu Mou characters, in the original FFIII they have better MP Growth than most (if not all) classes and Seymour himself (even if not literally a Sage) reaches 999MP, which is the MP cap. So, discuss? 126.96.36.199 23:34, July 11, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, here's a summary....
- FF3 (Famicon): Highest MP in the game.
- FF3 (DS / iOS): Same MP as Onion Knight. Higher MP across the board than Red Mage, Lower MP across the board than Evoker or Summoner. Lower level 5-8 MP and higher level 1-4 MP than Devour or Magus. Lower level 1 MP and higher level 2-8 MP than Black Mage and White Mage.
- FF5 (Tellah / Fusoya): Really low MP which doesn't increase with level.
- FF5:TAY (Lenora): Has slightly less MP than Rosa (the White Mage / Hunter hybrid). She only has about 3/4 as much MP as Rydia, Golbez, Palom or Porom, but she's got about 50% more MP than Ceodore and Zangetsu, the next runners up.
- FFTA: Highest MP growth rate of any Nu Mou job.
Highest MP growth rate of any Nu Mou job.Correction: 7th highest / 3rd lowest Nu Mou MP growth rate, below Black Mage, but above Scholar.
- 4 Heroes of Light: The game uses an action point system instead of MP, but they've got abilitites which reduce the AP cost of spells.
- So, in summary, if you count the Famicon and DS / iOS versions of Final Fansaty 3 as separate games, then, compared to mages, Sages have exceptionally low MP in one game, below average MP in one game, average MP in one game and exceptionally high MP in three games. Anyway, I'm going to cut that line. -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 07:02, November 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Whoops, I was looking at the wrong guide on GameFAQs. They've got the highest MP growth rate of any Nu Mou job in FFTA, but their MP growth rate is on the low end in FFTA2, between Black Mage and Scholar. So that's exceptionally low MP in one game, below average MP in two games, average MP in one game and exceptionally high MP in two games. -- Gordon Ecker (talk) 01:00, November 14, 2012 (UTC)