Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Where is the source for that name? NO FAN NAMES.
I just used the name on Final Fantasy XIII's page, which is why I asked for confirmation. His name was the only one linked without a page, and I figured it would be made eventually. Shenron118 03:00, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
Wait, didn't IMDB have this name up a month or two ago???
Yeah, IMDB had this name listed for while now. Whether we can trust them, though... Shenron118 00:40, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
- "Them" is normal people like you and me... or the voice actor himself. Moguta 15:35, December 5, 2009 (UTC)
IMDB is not a reliable source. Anyone who believes it is, come sit down with me and hear the saga of Megan Hollingshead. Doreiku Kuroofangu 12:16, December 6, 2009 (UTC)
VA Source[edit source]
Does this mean IMDB was right? That's a first.
Yeah, literally my first reaction. That's why I posted it here. Bluestarultor 02:26, December 15, 2009 (UTC)
Should we double check their other VA's, just to see if they have have any other correct ones?
I guess it couldn't hurt, but I don't have an account to go poking at anyone. If someone has an account and the inclination, they could do some fact checking with the alleged cast, if they feel it would be appropriate. Bluestarultor 03:52, December 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Someone mind pointing out to me where exactly the Twitter account says this actor is portraying Rygdea? In can't find it, and the "I need your clothers and motorcycle" fad seems to coincide too coincidentally with this VA selection... 8bit 04:19, December 15, 2009 (UTC)
Maybe someone should ask Hillis, Emery, Baker, and the others on twitter. FaythOfFenrir 05:39, December 15, 2009 (UTC)
- I'll be willing to do that, just as I did with Thompson. Now all I need is to find their official accounts...
UPDATE: After through Twitter searching the only official account I've found is Gideon Emery's. Since he's supposedly only doing additional voices there doesn't seem to be much point. (He does, however, have a certain Leading Man as his background picture XD)YamiNoBahamut
I know, Balthier is awesome. I think Hillis has a myspace. Check that maybe? FaythOfFenrir 21:32, December 15, 2009 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, Hillis does not have a Myspace. However, Troy Baker (speculated voice for Snow) does. I am in the process of confirming his role now. YamiNoBahamut 18:06, January 20, 2010 (UTC)
His name[edit source]
How do you pronounce his name?o.o
- True - I don't know it too.—Kaimi 19:51, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
Anybody else disappointed that after killing Cid this guy just falls off the face of the planet without mention, leaving us to assume he was turned Cie'th in the Sanctum? Actually, FF13 in general treated its minor characters poorly - I would have loved to see more of Rygdea, Raines, Nabaat and Rosch. --Adonzo 08:08, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
Here's how it should have happened: While traversing Orphan's Cradle, the party encounters a weakened Rygdea. They talk and he transforms into a Cie'th before their eyes. Cue boss battle.
That would have been much more epic than the random bosses that level throws at the party. Seriously, the three boss fights of Orphan's Cradle are annoyingly inconsequential.
I like Rygdea, and it irks me that he just up and disappears after it shows him killed Cid. They barely showed Jihl, and then she was killed without even a battle with her. With both Cid and Rosch, you had a fight, but with Jihl (and Rygdea), there was nothing before they died. I would like to know rygdea's true fate, but for now, it can only be speculated that he was turned into a Cie'th (and considering how many were in Orphan's Cradle, you could have very well killed him without even realizing it).
I feel the same. That includes Cid, too. He's one of my favourite Cids, and if he'd just gone into hiding for a couple of hours instead of giving up on life, he could have been freed from fal'Cie control along with all of the other l'Cie.
While more of Rosch would have been nice, they at least gave him a pretty good end. As for Jihl, the way that Barthandelus disposes of her is clearly intended to demonstrate his attitude. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have liked to see more of her. She was a wonderfully evil, devious, scheming, sadistic bitch, which is something we don't see often enough :P
Rygdea's Fate[edit source]
Actually, Rygdea was probably blown up by Sanctum troops. After shooting Cid, the room he was in was rushed by troops. The perspective then changes to Lightning, et al, and then in the distance you can see the building that Cid and Rygdea were in explode.
22.214.171.124 16:02, August 22, 2010 (UTC)
Is it possible that Rygdea is Wladislaus, the Undying? His appearance in Orphan's Cradle and his defiance of the fal'Cie seem to suggest the possibility.
- I also thought that was maybe the case, but wladislaus later became a regular enemy --Adonzo 10:39, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
Fragments Before[edit source]
A few days later, Rygdea meets Snow again before the latter boards an airship, sneaking his new fal'Cie companion Cactuar onboard.
- When did this happen? D: