Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
The 4 Heroes of Light isn't even here, so I don't remember what that ability does. FFII and FFV are like White Magic, while the others are a command, so should probably be split along those lines?Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 09:43, March 27, 2015 (UTC)
The ones listed under そせい are all command abilities I realized, while the only White Magic one is the FFII one, and all the others are abilities in a skillset (or was XII and RW like that?? I don't know about those two right off the top of my head...). FFII's could probably get its own page at like..."Revive (Final Fantasy II)" or something like that.
I think the FFV ability is effectively "group cast Raise" or so it makes it sound in the article. That's not exactly the same as White Magic I guess... In FFXII Revive is under Technicks skillset, but RW doesn't have skillsets.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 11:11, March 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Er, BUMP: Revive for Final Fantasy II should be the only one separated from this page and moved to a page called "Revive (spell)" or "Revive (White Magic spell)". The rest should stay on here on the "Revive (ability)" page, since they're all the same ability, "Sosei", just they're spelled in Kanji and Hiragana. --Miphares (talk) 07:33, July 6, 2016 (UTC)
Hmm...Revive (Final Fantasy II) might work? We tend to use the game tags when it's just one thing that needs separated like that I think?
Ah okay, that could work too lol. I was just basing it on the "Flood (spell)" page before, but since it has appeared only in FFII, that would make more sense for a game tag to be used I suppose.--Miphares (talk) 08:01, July 6, 2016 (UTC)
Flood is that one page that I feel should be moved to "Flood (ability)" to match the tags of every other spell that's like that. We don't use the (spell) tag anymore since spells are abilities for the most part, and anything that's not the spell gets its own tab (such as Flood (Ninjutsu)). That's what I think anyways. If, and only if, anymore appearances of that Revive appears should it be moved to something else. What, I don't know yet, but seeing as that HOPEFULLY won't happen, shouldn't have to worry about it, right? ^^;;
- "Flood (spell)" should stay where it is because it's an accurate tagging in this case. Changing the tag to "(ability)" would be stupid since a Ninjutsu is an ability and "ability" is a more inclusive word. So in this case I think that "Revive (spell)" would also work good: I prefer if we used game when it's a term (yes, we use on some ability pages but that's because our localization is a mess and a same localized term is used on a lot of different kinds of abilities OTL ).—Kaimi (999,999 CP/5 TP) ∙ 11:17, July 6, 2016 (UTC)
Funny thing about the spell tag becoming ability tag was because I remember there being a big argument about it, and I just went ahead and changed them without the argument being finished IIRC. I believe those people got on my case, but it felt more natural to have it as ability since there are times where it may not even be a spell and just be an ability. Granted, later on we split them up even further due to Japanese names (and classes like the Ninjutsu stuff), but I still think (ability) works better than (spell).