Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Protect 2 Edit
I am currently working on expanding this into a full article, but I have a small problem: What to do with the spell Protect 2/Protectga? As I see it, there are 3 options: ranked in my opinion of desirability from greatest to least:
- Create a separate page Protect 2.
- Include information for Protect 2 in this article.
- Include only a passing reference to Protect 2 in the top of the article.
Any help greatly appreciated. Linhasxoc 00:03, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
Follow the Haste example. Unlike certain spells, the upgrades to spells like Protect and Haste are hardly different from the original versions, usually only targeting the party instead of a single target. Hardly worth a new article I think.
- All right. I figured this would be what was used, but I wanted check. Thanks.
Linhasxoc 00:22, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
Expansion complete Edit
- I have now put info on how to get this spell in all of the main series plus FF:Tactics and Tactics advance, minus FFXI. I haven't yet figured out how to put in the FFXI info without it looking messy, but I'm thinking of a table. I'll play around with it, but I'm going camping for a week so I won't be able to work on it until I get back. Linhasxoc 18:10, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
Barrier and ProtectEdit
Should we really have the information for Barrier/Protect on both pages (mostly in reference to the VII Compilation)? Or should it be on just one page and not the other??
This page should list Final Fantasy VII's Barrier spell Edit
In Final Fantasy VII, "Barrier" is actually the Protect spell. In every other title where the Protect spell appears, it temporarily reduces physical damage, usually by 50%. This is exactly what "Barrier" does in Final Fantasy VII. Q.E.D.