Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
- 1 Untitled
- 2 Can numbers be lost in translation?
- 3 Wait... isn't Revenant Wings a prequel?
- 4 Where the hell does it say Panelo's a dancer?
- 5 Penelo wasn't kidnapped after going to the mines
- 6 Why the hell is everyone calling her 'Panelo'?!
- 7 Penelo's personality?
- 8 Penelo's Cooking
- 9 Penelo is a user template
- 10 Penelo in FFTA2
- That's weird, since in Revenant Wings, a year has passed since the beginning of FFXII, and she's 17 in that. --Hecko X 19:22, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
Can numbers be lost in translation?[edit source]
I can see from the above discussion that I'm not the first to notice this.
This confussed me when I first got my American copy of XII. I looked through the instruction manual and it said she was 17. This didn't sound right, I thought she was 16. So I get out my Japanese copy, check out the instruction manual, and sure enough, the Japanese manual says she's 16. Now, why Square made her a year older is beyond me. It's not like she gets into anything raunchy, and she's dressed very modestly. I can just tell that this is eventually going to come round and bite Square in the ass.
Here's a picture of my two instruction manuals beside each other, in case you want proof: 
Sorry about the size. Any smaller, and the 16 would be impossible to make out, any bigger and it would take up too much space.
And just so I know, which age should I put down for her profile? 16, 17, or 16/17? Diablocon 14:28, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
- Wow. She's two different ages? I never thought there was an actual point to this character anyway, heh. --Crazyswordsman 15:33, 2 February 2007 (UTC)
Wait... isn't Revenant Wings a prequel?[edit source]
Because Panelo's RW outfit is seen in the ending. --Crazyswordsman 19:18, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- Erm, no, Revenant Wings is set a year after XII. She is seen wearing her RW costume at the end of XII, which is also set a year after the main events of the game. Maybe I was being a little vague when I wrote that Revenant Wings part? Diablocon 19:22, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- Whatever. She still looks as pointless as ever. Still the most pointless character Square invented outside of Umaro and characters in FFVIII. --Crazyswordsman 07:00, 11 April 2007 (UTC)
Where the hell does it say Panelo's a dancer?[edit source]
I've never seen her dance in the game, there are no dancing moves in the game, and there's no Dancing Dagger. How is Panelo a dancer? This seems like a pointless job for a pointless character.
She's a dancer in Revenant Wings and FFTA2, and an official rendering of her shows her dancing.
I think it probably mostly comes from the fact that she's depicted as dancing in official artwork and in trailers (at least the RW trailer), and her Quickenings feature dancing. Not very definitive, but that's what I've noticed.Does the Ultimania say anything? Does anyone know? Bluer?
Man Crazyswords you sure hate Panelo. If you were just numb to her (like I am to Basch) you wouldn't be bitching so often about how 'pointless' she is. If anyone's pointless its Vaan. At least with Panelo who can stare at her ass during to cutscenes.Dancers suck by the way. Most useless class ever.
Vaan is also pointless. But Panelo's sole reason for existence is to have someone for Vaan to talk to in the background while Balthier, Basch, and Ashe are talking about the important things. You could take Panelo COMPLETELY out of the story and nothing would change.
Except Ba'Gamnan wouldn't kidnap her, thus Migello wouldn't force Balthier to go and rescue her in Bhujerba, so only Vaan and Basch would have seen the Marquis.She also befriends Larsa, who gives her the Nethicite, which saves them from Ghis' magic attack.
There are a million ways to get Balthier to Bhujerba. Put the magicite in the mines and he has to go there to get it. See no need for a Panelo in that tale.
Take Vaan out of the story and nothing changes either. Why are these idiot teenagers even in the story? Let the adults take care of this and get back to sweeping floors you twits. Balthier should have been the hero (he practically is anyway) but Square Enix can't break the cardinal rule that every hero must be a chick faced faggot.P.S. Larsa may be a little androgenous kid, but he's still a playa when it comes to the ladies.
God damn i've said this too many times... Vaan was never originally supposed to be in the story Originally, Basch was the main character and had more depth. (notice how similar his Quickenings and Vayne's special moves are" however, SE believed a game w/ a masculine character wouldn't sell as well (they uses Yaz's previous game, Vagrant Story as proof) so hence the reason they made the vagina that is Vaan. So this (to an extent) could have made Penelo cooler or non-existant. Also, the dancer is not the most useless class!!!! Bard is. That's a fact and lets nvr forget it.
MK, I'm having difficulty reading the text in yout talk template. It's too dark...BTW, you can blame the Japanese fans and their love for androgynous characters for that. Or Enix who worry about game sales instead of delivering great content like Square did before the merger.
People! if you don't like Final Fantasy XII then why bother contributing here? She IS a dancer since Square Enix said so. I'll put up 'but is not mentioned' or 'portrayed in this game' if you want. I am going to put that right back into this article. Don't like it? Tough. None of you own this website. Its for everyone. Blueknightex 03:20, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Dude, chill. Your edit was reverted because there was no source. Provide a reliable source, it can stay. But to call her a dancer on assumptions when it never comes up in-game isn't how we do stuff here. Bluestarultor BSA 03:26, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Yup. Found one. Turns out she has 'dreams' of becoming a dancer and she learned a bit of martial arts/self combat from her older brother who were soldiers. It seems that at the end of Final Fantasy XII she finally becomes one and hence the change of clothes. Blueknightex 08:57, October 4, 2010 (UTC)
Penelo wasn't kidnapped after going to the mines[edit source]
As far as I remember, and from watching the cutscenes in order, Penelo was kidnapped by Ba'Gamnan in Rabanastre after they saw Balthier give her the handkerchief. They then took her to Bhujerba to lure Balthier there...
The entry here says that she went to the mines to look for nethicite (?!) before she even knows what it is yet, and that she was arrested (?!) but was in fact kidnapped by the headhunters.
Somebody want to dispute this? Exdevlin 23:01, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
- I shall. Penelo was kidnapped from Rabanastre. Indeed, if not, Migelo would not have found the note telling him Penelo was kidnapped. Bluer 10:22, 10 October 2008 (UTC)
Why the hell is everyone calling her 'Panelo'?![edit source]
Last time I checked, her name was Penelo, not Panelo. Are you guys just bashing on her cause she's supposedly worthless?
- Only CSM calls her Panelo. Everyone else just calls her Penelo. We arne't sure why he calls her that. Diablocon 00:38, 5 March 2009 (UTC)
Penelo's personality?[edit source]
Why is it so that every character of every game has some info of the character's personality, while Penelo doesn't? She does have a personality, so someone should write about it and put in on the wikia! ^^
- If you see something missing you could get it started. People are more likely to expand on something already-existing than add something completely new.Keltainentoukokuu 18:09, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Penelo's Cooking[edit source]
Does anybody remember which character actually liked the food that Penelo made on the Galbana? I can't remember if it was the winged people or Larsa. AmbieSushi To think that mother would prefer Sephiroth over... 18:33, September 16, 2011 (UTC)
Penelo is a user template[edit source]
Category:User templates. No really. The only way Penelo can BE a user template, without outright adding her (and I checked). I couldn't find any user templates transclued on her page either (although they might exist)... Anyone know why this is, then?
Penelo in FFTA2[edit source]
She can access viera Jobs, except for Summoner.