Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
- Good idea. But why is there a "the" in the article name?Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 17:07, April 21, 2015 (UTC)
Although this is obviously not a normal mission, it has a mission briefing card when you begin the battle in the other dimension. I don't know how to do the formatting, nor do I know where on the page it should go, but that's why I'm writing here. Have uploaded a screenshot to clarify.
Mission ----- Date Unknown ----- Mission Level: ???
Vanquishing the Nox Suzaku
The origins of the monstrous Nox Suzaku [NB: red text] remain unknown, but Intel analysis confirms that it poses an enormous threat to all of Orience. Central Command orders Class Zero to conduct an air search and eliminate the Nox Suzaku on sight. (Class Zero cannot summon Eidolons during this mission.)Mission Briefing
Thanks for editing it in. I have also researched the S-rank requirements.
- Time: 04:00 (I got exactly 4 minutes for an A. 5:13 and 5:55 were both a C. So I think this is a safe bet.)
- Phantoma: 0 (only outcome)
- Casualties: 5 (confirmed as I got an A with 5 and B with 6)
As for rewards, it is a lot harder to say. This is my second time killing him, so I don't know if there is a regular reward.
An Officer S-rank got me Soul of Thamasa accessory (rare +100 magic one from top of Tower of Agito/200hrs)
A Finis B-rank got me Crystal Ring accessory (doubles max MP, I've not seen it anywhere else in the game. but I didn't save that attempt lol)
A Finis A-rank got me ATK Enhancer
And a Finis S-rank got me... drumroll... a DEF Enhancer. WHAT? -_- I'd rather have the Crystal Ring!
Notably these are only single results so I'm sure they're each one of many possible drops, but I guess I'll try again tomorrow and see what I can get... but I don't want to do 25 tests of these like I did with the chests lol.
Edit: Did several more Finis S-ranks and got various Enhancers (including HP and MP). It's surprisingly enjoyable trying to do it quickly, like high-score runs. I'll do more tomorrow, I want to see if you can get the rare accessory from the S-rank, or if you have to deliberately undersell (because it doesn't seem like Nox is a good way to farm Enhancers). Prem-aka-Prince (talk) 23:27, August 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah like what are you gonna fight with your super stats if you've already felled the hardest enemy. I guess whatever rewards you get are superfluous from that point of view though. Really appreciate the research you've been doing! I think the "mission" info and rewards should probably just be put here rather than creating a mission article for it, because what else would we put on it? Strategy is the same as the battle strategy on this page.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 03:15, August 30, 2015 (UTC)
- It may be the hardest single fight in the game (his goons do a lot of damage if you don't have good gear) but once you have the strategy down I would say it's not so bad and always quick, so S-ranking other Finis missions is the hardest challenge overall (whereas Tower of Agito is just a long slog), so it would be nice to have rewards that help with that (beating all on Finis gives the last special unlockables, but S-ranks give nothing special). That said, I've done quite a bit more testing now, and I think I've done enough to draw some 'educated guesses' even if they are not proven facts. Perhaps the annotated version can stay on the talk page while the condensed version goes on the main page. I will edit in above shortly. Prem-aka-Prince (talk) 11:31, August 30, 2015 (UTC)