Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
So, does anyone know if there are any male Mithra...? Or are they theoretical, just like male Viera?I don't mean to discredit those who say they do, I just want solid proof...
reply to male mithra question[edit source]
Besides the cutscene NPC Lekho Hobhoka, there are no male mithra npc, and players cannot have a male mithra character, bringing up the title manthra (people who are male irl, but play a mithra character on FFXI) who play female mithra characters. there are some theories about their nature that they are either lazy compared to their adventurous female counterparts. there's also the theory that they are less socially adapted then the female mithra. some people also wish for the option of playing a male mithra character model, mainly for the stats. Some of these qualities are also seen in the aforementioned NPC, within some cutscenes such as invading personal space of the player, and usually avoiding other people. for now, there's no evidence of any other male mithra appearing in the game, or it being a playable character model. -Barduwulf-
I just like to say that, while it is a good walkthrough site, the FFXIclopedia doesn't cover the game's story side and as such makes it very difficult to piece together exactly what the hell is going on in regards to the game's characters.
This, I would think, is the main difference between the FFwiki and the FFXIclopedia. Netherith 04:55, February 12, 2010 (UTC)
Is there an up-to-date, good quality, in depth history of FFXI anywhere that I can look through? The one we have is a little broad in terms of events. Netherith 11:50, February 12, 2010 (UTC)
- The one on here is taken from SE's official releases, I think its pretty much as good as it gets :/ Really we'd have to re-watch Zilart to get any more info. I seem to remember the five races are mutated versions of the Ark Angels - reacting to the Crystal Blast?
- Nice work on the race articles, theyre much better then before! Millionsknives 01:28, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Ph34r the p0w4r of the FFVIII wikidragon!! Netherith 02:27, March 4, 2010 (UTC)
That should be about it[edit source]
Have I missed anything? Netherith 06:13, September 3, 2010 (UTC)
I find that a lot of the culture information belongs in the history section, or needs editing so it sounds more like culture and less like history. The part about the Mithra building Olzirhya, for example. I'm having some trouble separating the parts that need adding to the history and the parts that do not myself, so here I am making a plea for assistance. Jimcloud 17:54, April 14, 2011 (UTC)
- You'd be surprised how much culture and history intertwine. The formation of culture is based on events in history, just leave as is. What would be better is working on the currently absent history sections of the other races. Netherith 06:11, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
New Pics[edit source]
These would probably be better suited in their relevent job pages instead of the race pages. The galleries are bloated and we already have enough images to represent the race without needing these. Netherith 06:13, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
I like the idea of representing jobs on the race pages, which was Jims suggestion really, tho I do agree in hindsight that it does bloat the gallery and these pics definitely do belong on the job gallery. But I still think we should leave a few in to showcase the race + jobs.
There's 20 jobs in FFXI and 5 races. 4 jobs per race? --Spira 07:32, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
Status Effect thought[edit source]
I just had a thought. Maybe Square could make a new status effect could Alergy where the character becomes "alergic" to a certain race. Whereby various cumulitive negative effects are bestowed upon them in proximity to a character of a race that they are alergic to. Of course there will be an antidote but I just think it'd be pretty fun to have people alergic to Mithra fur. Netherith 01:53, May 15, 2011 (UTC)
A nod to the Nekomimi?[edit source]
Is just me or does anyone else thinks that this is a nod to the whole catgirl fetish thing that's so prevalent in Japanese pop culture? Although the Mithra are more realistic than say, Tokyo Mew Mew, the connection is a little too obvious for me to leave it alone. --Marael 03:09, August 20, 2011 (UTC)