Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
This Summon also appears in FFT. Shouldn't this page be moved and edited to reflect that?
Really? Who uses it?
Its one of the Elidibus's (can't spell that) moves. Unlike other Summons, that one can actually hurt him.
I was just going to go and link Midgar Zolom back to this page (because there is no link and the Etym lies here), when I thought: There are four different names for this guy, we don't we need them sharing a disambig unless it's a parent page (except for Etym purposes).
- And done ten months later. ILHI 17:05, November 21, 2009 (UTC)
Same as Jormungand?Edit
I understand that in real life mythology, Jormungand and Midgardsormr are the same, but why are we treating them like they're the same in the FF series? No simlarities are present other than the fact that Jormungand is sometimes a snake. His names are even distinct in the Japanese version: they've never been used interchangeably. --188.8.131.52 23:31, August 18, 2013 (UTC)
"No simlarities are present other than the fact that Jormungand is sometimes a snake."
- Yeah, the thing is there aren't much similarities between Midgardsormr appearances other than appearing like a snake. We're not exactly dealing with two different things here, we're dealing with many different things from the same etymological route, split over two names.
- I am unsure if this is the best approach, but it works for now. Maybe if Jormungand and Midgardsormr appear in the same game at some point we would split. JBed (talk) 10:24, August 19, 2013 (UTC)
FFVII Section Edit
I think the FFVII section should be rewritten or at least reworded. "Midgar Zolom is one of the most formidable enemies fought in Final Fantasy VII." doesn't sound good and it's not even true. --184.108.40.206 11:00, June 4, 2014 (UTC)