Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Mako is lifestream, not condensed lifestream...
- Why does it mention cloud falling into the life stream as the first and the third occurrence of mako poisoning? If the article is separating when he fell in alone and when he and tifa fell in, it isn't mentioning it edit: to log in and resign... Zuken 03:22, September 16, 2009 (UTC)
- if im reading it right, the first time hes poisoned is at shinra mansion, the second is at the northern crater which results in him washing up at mideel, and the third time he just falls in with tifa due to the quaking, but is not poisoned. if thats what we agree on, i would be happy to reword it properly. also, is it worth mentioning that mako is thematically similar to oil and nuclear energy in real world earth, and that mako energy as noted by rufus shinra has been in use for fourty years? yoshiyuki17 11/27/10
I'm not sure he's Mako poisoned at Shinra Mansion so much as it's a possible explanation for why he's so out of it. When he does get Mako poisoned for sure in the game, it turns him, for a medical term, profoundly retarded. When Zack's dragging him around, it's less that and more he's just incredibly weak and barely conscious from what I took from it. It's also certain that neither he nor Tifa are Mako poisoned when both of them fall into the Lifestream.
Also, to answer the thing at the top, Mako IS condensed Lifestream, and Materia is Lifestream that's condensed even further. It's mentioned in FF7 itself at several points. It's kind of a solid-liquid-gas thing. Bluestarultor BSA 20:17, November 27, 2010 (UTC)
i always thought Mako showering did occur in some form at the mansion, because he notably has the characteristic blue SOLDIER eyes after this. although you are right, it is never explicitly stated. and when you consider that cloud witnesses his town burned, mum dead, not-girlfriend stabbed, himself impaled, expirimented on, and then dragged accross two continents, he'd easily be catatonic even without poisoning and jenova cells. yoshiyuki17 11/29/10
I would like to ask for permission to rewrite the Mako Poisoning section Edit
The reason is because the section does not specify the actual aliments and is not clear on its effects on the human body.
Mask no Oni 09:02, January 5, 2011 (UTC)
That's just silly! You don't need permission to edit here. If it's objectionable for some reason, it gets reverted or edited further. That's it. But if you think it needs work, by all means, work at it! Just make sure it's all sourced and true, formatted properly, and neutral. Dazuro 10:26, January 5, 2011 (UTC)