Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
I've added a little info to the Magic Pot page. I've fought two of them, one of them gave 7 AP and the other 77. It seems highly unlikely that there would be a third option (777), so for now I've only added those two. - Materia Jammer (talk) 15:35, October 21, 2015 (UTC)
- There are three different types of Magic Pots, I assumed each type corresponded to an item and each had their own rewards-- but it's possible that each type can ask for any of the items but its just the rewards that vary. Exp should be 1555 or 15555, AP is 7 or 77, and Gil is 777. (so maybe one gives 1555 and 7, 1555 and 77, and 15555 and 7 -- or something).
- They are fought in the Tower of Trials, Rosetta Tower, and Mysidia Cavern. They use Flee. And an Elixir can be stolen from them. This is what a Japanese website tells me anyway, I've never played the game. JBed (talk) 18:01, October 21, 2015 (UTC)
Hmm, thus far I've seen them ask for hi potions, ethers and elixirs. The reward you get definitely wasn't based on what item they ask though, as I've gotten both the 7 and 77 ap ones when they asked for an elixir. Materia Jammer (talk) 11:08, October 23, 2015 (UTC)
I hunted these guys for a while in Castle Burtgang to try to figure out how they work, but I'm still not quite sure if I got it. They can ask for either hi-potions, ethers, or elixirs there, but for a long while it seemed like the ether ones were bugged and would just flee anyway even if you gave them an ether (dry ethers gave the same result) while the hi-potion and elixir ones would give you "thanks" and kill themselves; but I think I eventually got some times where the hi-potion/elixir pots fled despite being given their item and the ether ones gave you rewards, so maybe I was just having a big streak of odd luck. It also seemed like the hi-potion ones and ether ones would always give 7 AP and the elixir ones would always give 77, but later in the Tower of Trials I saw an ether one give 77 AP, and if you say the elixir ones can give just 7 I'll believe you, so maybe there's a random chance of 7 vs 77 for any of them, but probably weighted towards better rewards for more valuable items. It's probably best to just say you may get either 7 or 77 in the article. The AP is the only reward I've seen very though, they always seem to give 77775 total EXP and 777 gil. I'm going to try to edit the page to include a little more detail, adding that they also appear in the tower of trials and may ask for hi-potions and that elixirs can be stolen from them; although the site is giving me trouble with trying to make edits, so if anyone sees they haven't been made yet, feel free to make them yourself. Cubic John (talk) 17:59, May 23, 2017 (UTC)