Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Does anyone know which Knights are in the summon, other than Arthur?
- This is really a guess, but I'm assuming it's the better known 12:
--Lycentia 23:51, 16 March 2007 (UTC)
- It's the main 11 (I've never heard of Gaheris), and supposedly Arthur and Merlin. However, it's never actually stated who they are so it's all conjecture.--Goldberry2000 21:20, 17 March 2007 (UTC)
Speaking of 11, FFXI has a Knights of the Round weaponskill. Go go magic disambiguation!
- And the second best clan rank in XII is Knight of the Round. There's another reference. Diablocon 15:27, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
- And the joint winners for useless FF information are.... --StijnX 15:37, 20 March 2007 (UTC)
Wait, why isn't this at Knights of Round? That's its name in the game, after all, and all the other summons seem to go by their original names, regardless of how poorly translated they were. Dazuro 06:03, 12 August 2007 (UTC)
Stop changing it back. Its name in the game is Knights of Round. It has never once been referred to as Knights of THE Round, unlike, say, Aeris and Cockatolis, whose proper translations are available. Dazuro 04:59, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
Kind of hard to believe that it's been incorrectly spelled on the wiki for this long, but I looked across the internet, and I guess it is Knights of Round. Sorry for moving it; I'll move it back. 8bit 05:15, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
No it isn't. It's Knights of the THE Round. Though like many things of FFVII, the translation is probably wildly inconsistent between versions. Thus we have WEAPON and Weapon. My game says Knights of the the Round. This guy's does too: Watch Me!. Everybody has always called it "Knights of the Round", because "Knights of Round" has nothing of the name's spark.PS: Wait a second. Memory coming back to me now. When you find the Materia, they call it "Knights of the Round", but afterwards in the menus it's "Knights of Round", I suspect this might be because the name is so long it wouldn't fit.
Only ever seen it called Knights of Round. Might check, I'll probably be getting it tomorrow on my brother's save. (he decided to replay the game after my older (not oldest) brother decided the same thing. Needless to say, they've been using me as an FFVII guide) ILHI 16:45, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
KoR + Quadra Magic Edit
"Knights of the Round will not work with Quadra Magic, whether it is linked to the specific Knights of the Round materia or to the Master Summon materia."
I actually have a theory about this, not that I've ever tested it out myself.
Seeing as there's a HP<->MP materia, surely using that will allow enough MP to use KoR*4?
- Quaddra magic uses the attached materia for the cost of only using it once. My guess is that either a) it already has four attacks as part of it or b) it's just too hydroelectric-power-station powerful as it is. Aerlight 22:32, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
When I read the article, it was stated that KotR would work when combined with a MASTERED Quadra Magic Materia. However, after trying out exactly that, I realized that this assertion is wrong as KotR clearly did NOT work with a MASTERED Quadra Magic Materia, which is why I edited the article.