Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Hi, Kappa can also be a female at least in the folklores. What is the basis of the male gender? To my knowledge Imp here should be transgender since the sprite for the imp status is the same for females and males.Jvh47 (talk) 09:23, May 4, 2020 (UTC)
- I think the person who added gender in the infoboxes just looked at what pronouns the page was using. And the person who added the pronouns just assumed.
- Kappa's barely a character and so doesn't get character entries in any guides. Doubt it's gendered in the game either, so I've made the page gender netural. JBed (talk) 17:03, May 4, 2020 (UTC)
"Kappa the Imp"[edit source]
Where is he called that? Checking the GBA and SNES scripts, I only see "Kappa", not even "Imp" (that's the status, not the character). I can only think perhaps Dissidia called him that, but if so I'd say that's more reconciling the two translations.
I'd say this can just be called "Kappa" and the discrepancy between translations noted in a Behind the scenes section.