Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Let's do this properly, shall we? So, reason for deletion; we have two lines of text, no where near enough information to warrant an article, even a redirect one. No where near notable enough.
Oh, and also, it may ask for discussion, but that's never how VFD/Delete has been used. It's literally meant "Speedy Deletion". VFD any article, either an admin will agree with reasoning and delete, or disagree with reasoning and remove, or delete without looking at reasoning and causing a mess. It's happened.
So VFDs do not mean "Article is up for deletion, let's discuss", it means "Admins, come quick, delete this article naowz!"
Also, April should not be deleted under any circumstance. If a noun exists then it should be redirected to the most appropriate place. Not every noun of course, but you know, minor-character names, sub-ability names, minor-location names. This character has a name, people might search it. Do they want to see a blank page? Or do they want to be directed to a place where she is covered even just remotely? They wants information. 22.214.171.124 14:33, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- And information is given. BLUER一番 14:41, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Huh? Yeah. But people VFDing this page want it deleted. And therefore other people wanting information won't be directed to information. Which is why this should either be article or redirect. Not nothing. 126.96.36.199 14:46, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh, I see, you give more information making this article far more justifiable than Bugah, for example. Yayz! Never played XII so I wouldn't know. 188.8.131.52 14:49, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- VFD = Vote For Deletion.
- From template:"This article is currently nominated for deletion." Nominated, not decided to.
- The template is place on an article that one or more people believe should be deleted. The mods see that, then see the arguments placed for deletion and against, then decide whether it should be deleted or not. Nowhere does it say; this article is too be deleted, merely stating it is nominated for deletion.
- Likeacupcake 16:27, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
- It doesn't matter what it says. The test templates tell users to test in sandboxes and not on articles, but these templates are given to users for a number of reasons, and rarely ever testing.
- It doesn't matter what the VFD/Delete template says. It matters how admin's treat it. Admins go through the Articles for Deletion category and delete if they agree with the reasoning, or remove the template if they don't. It's the way the wiki works, it doesn't matter what the template says. You can't use that as justification for leaving a VFD on the page when a passing admin won't see it that way and the talk won't be looked at.
- I'm not saying the system is good, I'm saying the system is the system used by users and admins. 184.108.40.206 18:33, July 2, 2010 (UTC)
I do think it should be kept. I know her, she gives a nice reward, and that scene is extremely useful, as it opens the way to lots of places earlier than they should be. KujaRhapsodos 19:32, July 2, 2010 (UTC)