Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
The battle template doesn't really work with three parties, because it looks like Shinra and Sephiroth are allies.
On a different note, are the party reallllly AVALANCHE? Or do we just use the name for convenience? I can't remember if they keep using the term in the script, but I do know Tifa introduces herself to Vincent as ex-AVALANCHE if she's leader. JBed (talk) 19:50, May 30, 2018 (UTC)
- There was discussion before on a talk page somewhere on whether the party is still AVALANCHE after departing Midgar, and it was concluded that there is something in the script (maybe at Cosmo Canyon?) that has them still refer to themselves as thus later. Wish I remembered what it was.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 01:54, May 31, 2018 (UTC)
Right, so I checked. Tifa does introduce himself to Vincent as formerly of AVALANCHE, but in Rocket Town Barret introduces himself as "of AVALANCHE". Some poeple in Kalm refer to the party's attacks on Shinra as by the "remaining members of AVALANCHE", and Barret in Cosmo Canyon essentially says it's the new reformation of AVALANCHE "もう一度...... もう一度アバランチの結成だ！" "“Again... Again... AVALANCHE's born again!".
The last thing of interest is Barret in the final confrontation says "Not only Aeris... " ""Holy is the prayer of AVALANCHE... Of Marlene and Dyne... And everyone on the Planet!". (That's not him saying they are AVALANCHE though, it's probably more alluding to BWJ)
Anyway, it's mainly a Barret thing. I don't even think anyone mentions "AVALANCHE" at all during their arrest and execution at Junon. People in Kalm still refer to their fucking-with-Shinra s AVALANCHE though not surprisingly. JBed (talk) 06:55, May 31, 2018 (UTC)