Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Well, this is an interesting find. Anyways, do we want to keep this? If we do, then we need to decide on what to call it, since Heavy is an enemy ability in IX. --Shockstorm (talk) 02:58, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
- I've never heard of the term Heavy being used in FFIV nor FFVI, I can't say about FFV. Plus, not much information about what this "Heavy" and what qualifies as heavy, just a generalization on what it's suppose to be. It sounds made-up. My vote goes for deletion. Fenrir9 (talk) 03:11, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
It's a term used mainly for bosses, so to speak. I know there's a Mix ability that gives the player "Heavy" type, much as there's a Mix ability that gives the player "Dragon" type so...
- Never heard of it, so where did it come from? I've played numerous RPGs, and today is the first time I've every heard of this. Been playing RPGs since the NES era. I also check FFIV and FFVI forums regularly (especially the hacking community), and it was never mentioned there once by their expects/hackers/etc. Same with other RPGs specific forum I played. Google didn't offer any results to this "heavy" stuff, so my vote still goes for deletion. Fenrir9 (talk) 03:50, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks Catuse167, found it before you posted this. I was searching for the "Global" RPG term for it and didn't find crap for it. From my understanding and my finding, Heavy originated from FFV SNES English translation, fan coined. So I don't know if this term still refers to it as Heavy in the GBA translation and what not. I'll check the Japanese wiki to see if there's a "broader" term for it. In developer language or whatever they call it, it's usually referred to as "Boss bit" or "Boss flag" just like Some Color Mage said (I didn't see his post until now, got quite a few edit conflict when trying to post a reply). Either this page is renamed Heavy (Final Fantasy V) or use a "broader" term. Nevertheless, I still don't see any reason to have this page. The only way I can think of making a useful page out of this is to make a "List of Boss" per game and put a paragraph before the list and specify what or what not for each game entry. Off to the Japanese wiki. Fenrir9 (talk) 04:14, November 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Didn't find anything on the Japanese wiki, so I'm going to posted in Project:Articles to Make to not clobber up the talk page. Please go there to discuss it further. Thank you. Fenrir9 (talk) 04:45, November 19, 2012 (UTC)