Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
I'm a little bit concerned over the nomenclature. Gold Needle is sometimes called Soft in some of the earlier games, but I think it should be mentioned what the item is actually called in all the different games. For example, some time ago I added a column in the FFX table saying that it called Soft in this game, but for some reason it was removed. I strongly believe that this is an important piece of information that needs to be in this article. Jeppo 19:04, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- EDIT: OK, It may have been Eyedrops and not Gold Needle that I had my edit reverted but the reason was exactly the same. Jeppo 19:07, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
EDIT CONFLICT:I see...Chocolancer may have added good-looking tables with lots of information, but he forgot a major detail that should be on them: the name. This is why I would prefer text on these parents. Makes them look more like a parent and less like a list.- Henryacores^ 19:08, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- Talk:Hi-Potion ILHI 19:28, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- Ehh...I only wanted to put up those tables because it was proposed before, and it would make the item pages look more professional. I didn't really think of putting up a name because I have my hands full looking at the price and the location the item is bought... Chocolancer 19:42, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
That PROBABLY was my fault if it got removed somehow since I was recently working in that section earlier today. I might go back and add the names to those items later if nobody beats me to it. ^^;; Xenomic 19:10, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
~~Looking at how you updated the page, I wonder how long it'd take to do that to the other Item/Weapon/Armor/etc. pages.....it is a good idea though. -Xenomic 20:09, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- I do have an idea. For games that have been made several times, why don't we put the name of the item from the latest version of the game in the table heading and then add an "Also Known As" or "AKA" on the next column and put the earlier item name down underneath. Just an idea I like to throw in. Jeppo 20:23, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
~~Very much like how it's been done with the Enemy Abilities page I've seen (and worked on), and what I did with the FFV Items page. Hmm....that'll probably be better to do, so let's go with that then (of course, I can't say for certain what the current name of several items are, since I'm only PS era for most of the games that are on DS and stuff x_x ). -Xenomic 20:28, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
~~ D: I don't like the sounds of that. lol
However, as I stated before, I don't think I'd be able to do that anyways considering I don't know all of the translations for everything. And that'd be overkill on the equipments anyways, seeing as they already have more than enough data on them as it is. I think Items are the only thing that really need the names added on to them, as well as spells and enemy abilities. Unless it's something drastic for anything else, then that's all that should be touched. But that's what I think about that ^^;; -Xenomic 20:32, 14 April 2009 (UTC)