Enough expository banter!
This talk page is used for discussing improvements to the page "Genome (Final Fantasy IX)". It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article.
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
- It is never explained, but I doubt they have Terran souls. My theory is that in the FFIX universe where memories act as the interconnectivity of all life, you sort of make a soul for yourself by living 'to the fullest' and accumulating memories. This is how the black mages like Vivi can have a soul that can return to the planet ("my memories will be part of the sky"), even if they were not born naturally from the planet. And also why Garland's soul can return to the planet (you can still talk to him in Memoria) even if he is clearly some kind of robot. And this is also why Garland fails to remove Zidane's soul and make him a regular Genome, because he's already lived a proper life and his soul belongs to him now. The genomes in Bran Bal on the other hand don't do anything and are 'empty' of life experience, so what memories they would be able to pass on to the crystal is limited, and probably they could thus be easily taken over by an experienced and dominant soul from the old Terra. But in the ending Mikoto says Kuja has given hope on all Genomes in how he decided to be more than just a vessel and live his own life, implying the other Genomes could follow in his path even if they were never given souls.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 13:56, July 19, 2013 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.