Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
According to this translation of the Ultimania: , Professor Gast's name is "Gast Faremis". Since I know nothing of Japanese or its translation, this may or may not be acurate, for his full name is never said outright. Should this page be moved?
RE: Personality. There was a discussion on TLS about how Gast probably wasn't the "good-scientist" like the games seem to want to make you think. He may have had somewhat of a reform as we see at the Icicle Inn, Gast was involved in a lot of the evil Shinra experiments. 126.96.36.199 14:05, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
Does "Faremis" appear anywhere? His Japanese surname (ファレミス) sure does, but is it ever written in English/romanized?
His character profiles in the Ultimania Omega and VII 10th Anniversary Ultimanias don't give the English, and the Kaitai Shinsho doesn't give his surname. He's not in the Memorial Ultimania, and so we don't get it via the official Ultimania Archive translations.
My last bets would be on the Crisis Core The Complete Guide or the Crisis Core Ultimania. I don't have a copy of those though. 188.8.131.52 05:44, January 2, 2019 (UTC)
- Hmm that's a good point, it's just been generally accepted to be "Faremis".Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 21:12, January 2, 2019 (UTC)
- Is "Faremis" definitely his last name, and not forename?Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 21:34, January 2, 2019 (UTC)
- It is definitely his last name. All names in FFVII are written [forename] [surname]. 184.108.40.206 21:59, January 2, 2019 (UTC)