Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
use of FC term in gameEdit
Does anyone know if there is an example of one of the characters using the phrase "Floating Continent" in their dialogue? Or does the phrase only appear in strategy guides?
I notice file:FFVI_GBA_Menu.png shows that the menu in the GBA version says "Overworld", indicating it has a featuer when paused of listing the name of a location, whereas it never used to do that in the SNES version, so is that maybe where we got the names from which were never mentioned onscreen in original Super Famicom?
- For a bonus, you might not call this "dialogue" but it is in the SNES version. In Japanese, the very next dialogue has Setzer actually refer to it by name, but that is not so in teh localisation.
- Also apparently in the data it's called "THE FLOATING LAND"... I assume that never displays just like "ESPERVILLE" for the Esper world.
- Bonus trivia: Back in 1994 they released an English-language OST titled "Kefka's Domain". The track 魔大陸 was titled "New Continent" in English. So they chose not a direct translation here. JBed (talk) 18:02, January 11, 2019 (UTC)