Enough expository banter!
This talk page is used for discussing improvements to the page "Flare Star". It is not the place for general discussion or sharing stories about the topic of this article.
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
- Flare Star [...] works with Return Magic. - I tried it... Vivi and Amarant countered every single Holy and Flare, but never Flare Star...
- It cost 46 MP for the enemy to use. At Castle Pandemonium, Kuja will pull out this spell when his MP is damaged or when a party member is protected with Reflect. - So, when Kuja's running out of MP, he starts casting a spell that costs more than twice as much as Thundaga? You sure? Where did you get those 46 MP from?
- this attack hits each character by their individual level, multiplied by forty - Flare Star hit my Lv 65 Zidane for 2,275 HP, but 2,275 / 65 = 35...
-- Flüstergras 21:40, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
- Looks like there's two versions of Flare Star. One that cost MP and one that doesn't. Going to have to ask a hacker what's going on here, unless Squaresoft screwed up. Info was taken from here: http://wayback.archive.org/web/20030505014841/http://www.squaresoft.com/playonline/bestiary/b3_145.htm Fenrir9 (talk) 21:53, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
- I always thought it dealt lv*35 damage myself. C A T U S E 21:55, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
- That site's wrong - the second Flare Star listed there is supposed to just be the normal Flare. The Ultimania has three different Flare Stars in the game, all of them costing 0 MP. The first one is done by Kuja in Terra when he runs out of MP (technically the Ultimania says he will cast it when he has less than 19 MP) and does LV*40 damage. The second one is done by Trance Kuja and does LV*35 damage. The third one is done by Ozma and does LV*50 damage. Espritduo (talk) 23:13, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.