Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
It is a waste of time. I'm sure this is not the only time a location's piece of music has the same name as it self. Ten times out of ten, people searching "Fisherman's Horizon" will want the place, but that's not the point. A simple section under "Theme", including a main-link to the article, and a very brief line saying the music played has the same name. Like how we have parent pages, we don't make them disambigs because they all refer to the same thing, a type of enemy having the same traits. Well FH music relates directly to FH. ILHI 19:40, 27 August 2008 (UTC)
Good point. I'm wondering if I'm to blame for this shenanigans.
I just tried mixing the two songs (Guitar, Electric Guitar, Sax, Violin), yet Rinoa says the same thing as she does with the full Eyes on Me music. Comments before I edit? --aislingyngaio 14:08, November 28, 2010 (UTC)
Fisherman's or Fishermans? Edit
So far in my current playthrough, the only thing in the entire game that includes an apostrophe in the town name is the Information entry. Everything else – especially dialogue and the location name in both the party menu and save files – leaves out the apostrophe. Am I to assume that we're taking the inclusion of the apostrophe in the Information entry as correct, even though it's massively in the minority? -- Sorceror Nobody 18:53, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
- I would think everything in the Information menus were probably translated after the script in FFVIII, and they obviously assumed the location was spelt Fisherman's Horizon when they got around to translating the Information menus. It's a very easy mistake to make for translators - Fisherman's is correct English, whereas Fishermans is not (it would be Fishermen instead).
- It is a good spot, SN, and I would certainly vote for a change in article name. Fisherman's Horizon will always be a redirect. Jeppo (Talk | contribs) 19:38, September 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Probably better to change it, but also mention that it has two spellings in the game in the article somewhere.Keltainentoukokuu 23:13, September 18, 2011 (UTC)