Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Article Name[edit source]
I am not fond of the article's name at all. It's just a terrible fan-coined term which we made just for the sake of having the article. I think that "Final Fantasy X Series" would be a much better choice. Also, there should be no logo at all since it's a fan-coined term, and besides, it's not like Squeenix would make a logo for it anyway since on articles we should prioritize official material.
I might be inclined to keep the current name provided it was used by one of SE officials (which I highly doubt).
Is there an article you think is of an exceptional quality? Vote for it here!
- seconded. it did fine without the title for the last 10 years.. and afaik i've never heard anyone use 'spira series' until it got coined here. also agree with no logo. lets not create stuff for the sake of it and stick to official material where possible. "Final Fantasy X Series" works fine. "Lightning Saga", in contrast is different because its developer-coined.--Arciele Spira (talk) 15:13, December 4, 2014 (UTC)
- Yeah...agree a bit. I think it should just show FFX logo or maybe just the logo artwork with no text then, fanmade logo looks dodgy on a wiki. Article for all releases that take place in the same world is a good idea but tough with the naming. Spira Series doesn't even fully work since the world kinda treats Dream Zanarkand and Farplane as worlds separate from Spira.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 15:21, December 4, 2014 (UTC)
- I was going to state my agreement with "Spira Series", but then Kelt reminded me of the whole Dream Zanarkand isn't in Spira thing. Which is totally annoying, because I don't know why you would give and use a name to the known world but not the whole planet.
- I don't like "Final Fantasy X series" because it automatically would exclude any Spira-based content outside of the title. Fortunately though, that's not at all an issue here because no such thing exists. Unlike Ivalice which appears everywhere.
- Whatev'. Yeah, that logo should be deleted. X's logo or nothing. JBed (talk) 17:13, December 4, 2014 (UTC)
- My opinion is simple: we have Final Fantasy V series, Final Fantasy X series is a much better name for as long as nothing else appears on Spira, it's even better in fact because nothing set on Spira does not include "FFX" in the title". Since the first Spira title was Final Fantasy X, I see no perceivable reason Square would ever set something on Spira without including "FFX" in the title, but with Ivalice, FFXII came much later. Even if they made a full-blown Blitzball game or something, "FFX Blitzball" would likely be the title. Also the logo is (not too poorly made) fan-made logo, so that's a definite no.-- Technobliterator TC 17:18, December 4, 2014 (UTC)
what about Final Fantasy IV Series? currently we're using Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (in Template:Navbox series) but that's just the bundle name for PSP, not the sub-series name. Monterossa (talk) 08:53, December 5, 2014 (UTC)
- i've always thought of the complete collection as more of a product name than anything. i'd support just FF# Series for everything for uniformity.--Arciele Spira (talk) 13:45, December 5, 2014 (UTC)
- I support FFIV Series too, always have.-- Technobliterator TC 13:48, December 5, 2014 (UTC)
- Support "Final Fantasy X Series".Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 02:34, December 12, 2014 (UTC)