Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Planned overhaul Edit
This is a tiny fraction of the translated terms in FFXIV. The necessary data is on the wiki (c.f. Module:FFXIV Data/Enemy) to largely automate this (of course, someone will have to enter Romaji and literal translations by hand). Is this something we'd like to do, and if so, do we want German and French translations as well? If so, we'd have to split the page into several, probably one for each category. Cat (meow ∙ hunt) 20:49, May 15, 2018 (UTC)
- No need for German and French translations because we're an English wiki, only languages we want are English and the original Japanese text. Splitting pages is a good idea even still.-- Technobliterator TC 21:05, May 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Assuming the Translations tables will be generated by a module, where do you expect the romanisations/translations to be put? In another data page, or as parameters of the invoke? Or are we going to input them into Module:FFXIV Data/Enemy and such? JBed (talk) 21:22, May 15, 2018 (UTC)
- Separate module. So it would be generated by the actual Data modules plus a separate module for romaji. Definitely don't put them in the enemy module, that needs to get overwritten every patch (which is part of why I suggested automating in the first place). Cat (meow ∙ hunt) 21:25, May 15, 2018 (UTC)