Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
|Take a good look. Isn't it beautiful?|
|Behold! This article has been chosen as the Featured Article of April 15th, 2012!|
|Even so, if you wish to improve the article, do not hesitate! You can also nominate your favorite articles to be featured here!|
Thought an article dedicated to FFX, could serve an entry-point for FFX related articles/categories etc.
Zanarkand Fayth aid Yu Yevon summoning
This is not true, the fayth in that picture are summoning teh Dream city of Zanarkand. This is why when Tidus touched the wall he traveled back there for a short time. --Squalltalk 12:17, 15 May 2006 (UTC)
Where/how can I get a PAL or International version of this game? :P English, please. Armond 17:38, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
- eBay is on place you could get it. Else, just try searching the web. --Hecko X 21:10, 12 December 2006 (UTC)
- That's Euros, right? I use dollars and cents... But two euros (plus S&H) doesn't sound half bad. :P Armond 19:26, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
- Wait, nevermind, my thing won't play it. Darn... I really wanted those extra bosses. Armond 19:26, 13 December 2006 (UTC)
- 1 Final Fantasy X for the NES
- 2 Glitch
- 3 NEW PAL Version
- 4 X-2
- 5 heeelppp!!
- 6 2000...what?
- 7 Voice Actor
- 8 Some Opinions
- 9 Final Fantasy IX Allusion
- 10 FFX had no real villain/antagonists
- 11 Final Fantasy X
- 12 HD version
- 13 Best FF ever
- 14 Cancelled?
- 15 Talk page about what Final Fantasy X HD should have
- 16 Wrong release date?
- 17 Dead link
- 18 "Incredibly far fetched, and full of bias"
- 19 About Final Fantasy X or X/X-2 HD being on Steam
Final Fantasy X for the NES[edit source]
Hey i was reading an article online about some japanese dudes who ported final fantasy X to the nes. I read about it but i cant seem to find it. If anyone has heard about this please post. If you havent just google Final Fantasy X NES. SHould have a couple articles about it. -RF
- Riiiiiiiiiight.... Some people have wayyyyyy too much time on their hands. --SmegHead 01:09, 3 March 2007 (UTC)
Here you are some screenshoots. We can put it as a Curiosity about the game. It was created over the FF2j version
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9347/ffxnesrm3.gif http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/2996/ffxnesvc4.jpg http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/2050/3060000000050161jpg0vp1.jpg http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1558/ff10nes2dx1.jpg
- Nubecielo 18:21, 26 December 2007 (UTC)
Impressive. I wonder if they ever finished it.
It could just be ported to SNES. --Ethanthegamer 18:31, September 14, 2011 (UTC)
Should we mention the international glitch, where you can enter Home again one you gain control of the airship? Jammi568 18:41, 21 June 2007 (UTC)
I thought this game was well-nigh bug free.
Jammi got it wrong, the bug was removed in the International version. If you keep pressing up against the two Al Bhed outside the ruins of Home, you'll eventually slide through them and enter Home. The story will reset, and you'll find yourself back in the story, just as Home is being attacked, with your current stats.This was removed in the International version very easily, by putting the Dark Ifrit fight here.
So that's why Dark Ifrit is fought there, I always thought it was an unusual location to have it, rather than at Kilika.
Actually, i think you'll find that if you watch this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9hUMUYtc4), it's possible, you just don't talk to the summoner to initiate Dark Ifrit. Jammi568 09:50, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
Isn't it just. Therefore, i think that we can agree that we can mention this glitch within the article. Jammi568 10:17, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
- Hehe, now it's easier to relive that Godlike beneath Home scene >.< screw that template for once actually. --Auron Kaizer 11:26, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
- Ah, the video explains it. While it works in International, it doesn't work in the PAL version. So there is a slight difference between the two. Diablocon 13:24, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
Personally, i think that it should be mentioned in this article, as it's not about the place, but about the game, which happens to take part in that place. Jammi568 19:46, 22 June 2007 (UTC)
Just a question, I have the platinum version, does this glitch still work there or not, and how do i see if it's PAL or international? TugaKnight
Only works in International. It's not even in the PAL version.
NEW PAL Version[edit source]
There's a new PAL Platinum release of FFX from Square Enix. Is it just the exact same disc as before or does it have any changes, like 60Hz or removing the black bars?
Platinum versions are identical to the original release. Their only point is to show games that have sold a certain amount. Every PS1 and 2 game is eligible for a platinum release.When Square became SE, all releases, including old ones, now have to have the new logo on later prints.
Not every Platinum title, DBZ Budokai 3 and others had extra features.
Did anyone else notice that, other than the link to the Illustrated guide to Spira and 1 sentence about the final cutscene, this page makes NO reference to the fact that X-2 existed. I understand that a lot of people didn't like it, but it did exist, and it should be noted here. A person who reads this would have no idea that another game followed. --Zephyrus11 00:56, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
Sin8505 02:15, 3 June 2008 (UTC)does anybody know if a way to go back to the temple where i got the electric horse?? i forgot to get the destruction sphere and now im trying to get anima and the other side quest aeons. but without that destruction sphere i dont think ill be able to get them.. so is there i way to backtrack without having those annoying monks kicking me out before i even get to the temple?? i think the temple is called djose temple±±±02:15, 3 June 2008 (UTC)Sin8505
- Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I'll answer you anyway. It is called Djose temple. If youve already completed the temple for a 2nd time (i.e. got the cutscene where you talk to the Fayth of Ixion(I think hes some strange guy with a hat) then the temple becomes locked for the rest of the game. If you have done that, but havent gotten the destruction sphere, youre unfortunately screwed and can't get Anima or the Magus sisters.
- If you haven't beaten it a 2nd time, then you can get the destruction sphere by completing the whole puzzle in the temple so that the door opens (but don't go in it), then go back down the the 1st floor, open the secret door on the left side (which will now be glowing) and get the destruction sphere in there. Then put it in the pedestal on the 2nd floor, and youll get the chest.
- Hope that helps.
- --Zephyrus11 03:39, 3 June 2008 (UTC)
what year was FFX announced?
Voice Actor[edit source]
In the prologue off FFX, when you're running over the long bridge, you hear this guy talking on the radio or something. This Zanar is heard on no other occasion. Does anyone know his VA? Kupo-dude 20:03, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
- While I don't know which, I can tell you that it is one of the following:
- David Arnott
- Greg Finley
- Richard Penn
- David Randolph
- Vernon Scott
- Master Conjurer 23:35, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
Some Opinions[edit source]
I was thinking of playing Final Fantasy X after I finish VII, VIII and IX. But I would like to get some opinions about the game first. Thanks in advance.Aminosa 02:13, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
- My favourite FF game. --Zack fair 007 02:35, 24 June 2009 (UTC)
I think its the best final fantasy game :) MurasakiRukia 22:09, April 9, 2010 (UTC)
Final Fantasy IX Allusion[edit source]
Should we not mention somewhere that the statue in the middle of Luca looks like Alexandria Castle from Final Fantasy IX. By the way, if you do not know where the middle of luca is, it is the area before the bar where Kimarhi get's in a fight with his Ronso brethren.
- Personally, I think it's a bit obscure, but you can feel free to include it in the Allusions page for FFX. Also, if you played FFX, then there's no way you can't know where Luca is. --Haveanicedays 07:46, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
FFX had no real villain/antagonists[edit source]
Personal opinion. I like to think of FFX as a game wherein the main conflict (the Spiral of Death) had no intentional cause. The three characters typically cast as villains of FFX are Yu Yevon, Seymour Guado, and Jecht, and yet none of them intentionally caused the game's main conflict, which villains like Zemus, Ultimecia, Jenova, Barthandelus, and Kefka all did. The three of them all share facets of the traditional villain, although each by himself doesn't constitute one - Yu Yevon as the one who actually created the conflict, Seymour as the one who truly believes in the evil ideology and commits inhuman acts, and Jecht, who taunts and generally opposes the main protagonist (Tidus). It is explained in the game that Yevon only wanted to protect the memory of Zanarkand, if not the city itself, from Bevelle, hence why he created Dream Zanarkand with Sin as its guardian. It was a programming fluke, so to speak, that caused Sin to rampage and annihilate any hint of civilization, even if it didn't threaten Dream Zanarkand. As the problem got increasingly worse, Yevon himself was less able to control it, himself being integrated into Sin's endless cycle of death. Yevon, then, had noble intentions, although he was the one who brought Sin into the world. Seymour, on the other hand, earnestly supported the concept of the Spiral of Death. As a maester, he probably enjoyed the power it gave him - indeed Yo Mika seethed at the party upon finding out Yunalesca had been killed, as the lie of the Calm could no longer be perpetuated. Jecht - well, it's actually hard to see him as a bad guy. He had a hard time relating to his son, oftentimes on the verge of verbal abuse, but he honestly loved him, though he lacked the ability to express it. He helped Braska and Auron, and even sacrificed his soul so that Auron could live. He neither caused nor perpetuated the problem, he merely got caught up in it. Seymour was the only evil one out of the three. Therefore, I think FFX didn't have a traditional villain, just a problem and a web of individuals somehow entangled in it one way or another. --Haveanicedays 08:16, August 12, 2010 (UTC)
So are you saying that all that should be put into this page? --SilentAuron 09.05, January 04, 2011
Final Fantasy X[edit source]
So did anything debut in Final Fantasy X?
What do you mean? If you're talking about characters, try the entire cast. If you're talking about features, you've got the Conditional Turn Based Battle system, Real-Time-Render Enviroments, Voice Acting, the Sphere Grid, plus a heap more. Likeacupcake 06:59, January 9, 2011 (UTC)
HD version[edit source]
Best FF ever[edit source]
FFX was in my opinion the best FF game ever . and not just because of its original and emotional story, but also because of the dynamics in which it was created . with this being said, i think they shouldve went more into depth with Jecht , Braska , and Auron( who was also good in KH2) . not many people liked FFX-2 . i never played it but i saw the ending from youtube . that was some sad $&!t . so um yea . awesum game :D
SokoNinjaz 03:30, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Has anyone heard anything about the HD version since the initial announcement?
No, there's been nothing but rumours since the original announcement. They haven't released any more info since then. Tonnes of speculation around the internet though... The supreme mother trudy 10:17, July 5, 2012 (UTC)
Talk page about what Final Fantasy X HD should have[edit source]
I discovered a talk about what Final Fantasy X HD should have. I think it mincluded Gilgamesh. Now I can't find. Do any of you guys know a user who has the talk page about it? Appreciate it. ^_^ --Ethanthegamer (talk) 23:32, July 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I think you're looking for this: User:Kaimi/Final Fantasy X HD. If that's not it, try searching for "Final Fantasy X HD" and select the "Everything" tab. --Shockstorm (talk) 23:55, July 23, 2012 (UTC)
Wrong release date?[edit source]
Hey Guys, I hope anyone could help me with my question. The article says that the release date for europe and australia was on May 24, 2002. But if you look on the page on wikipedia you'll see two different dates: (EU: May 24, 2002, AUS: May 17, 2002). So, which is the right version? The one here or on wikipedia?
P.S: Sorry for possible mistakes, i'm german ^^" --Cloud2110 12:41, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for pointing this out. Maybe it came out earlier in Australia.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 15:05, August 11, 2012 (UTC)EDIT: I have to say I'm not finding any primary sources for this. Where would you even find something like that ten years on?Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 15:33, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, i was able to find out the TRUE release date of FFX in australia... i really hope so... Look at this. If you scroll a bit down, you find the australian flag and its release date: May 17, 2002. So it should be changed in the template, right? --Cloud2110 17:58, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
During several automated bot runs the following external link was found to be unavailable. Please check if the link is in fact down and fix or remove it in that case!
- In Final Fantasy X on 2014-06-17 20:49:33, HTTP Redirect Loop:  ->  ->  -> 
- In Final Fantasy X on 2014-06-17 22:47:52, HTTP Redirect Loop:  ->  ->  -> 
- In Final Fantasy X on 2014-06-18 20:05:51, HTTP Redirect Loop:  ->  ->  -> 
- In Final Fantasy X on 2014-06-30 02:13:28, HTTP Redirect Loop:  ->  ->  -> 
"Incredibly far fetched, and full of bias"[edit source]
I added extra details about Gnosticism to the "Themes" section yesterday, all of which were facts, mostly pulled directly from Wikipedia, but which also contained grammatical corrections, Greek etymologies (from my own knowledge of the language), and information which any person who cares to study history can learn. These are all facts. The only bit of conjecture, I suppose, was Tidus being the Christ figure; but if you want to go down that route, the entire section is all conjecture because none of it has ever been confirmed by Square-Enix. It's all based on observation. Yet, you had no problem with what was there initially, but somehow what I have added is "biased" and "far-fetched"?
I'm reverting the edit for now and will refer to this post. If someone could please clarify here the reason behind this accusation, it would be greatly appreciated. Ordinarily, I consider more information (read: facts) and grammatical corrections a good thing, don't you?
- Tidus as the gnostic Christ figure was probably the issue. He would be the who proves Spira is not "real" and the illusion world is the real deal? Isn't that the opposite in FFX. Seymour is the one who wants to free Spira from material existence that he deems is pointless suffering.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 18:15, January 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Oh. In some Gnostic texts, Jesus Christ is not only not God, but not a real human being either, possessing a human form that is an illusion, much like Tidus is. I meant to include that in the final paragraph but neglected to do so.
About Final Fantasy X or X/X-2 HD being on Steam[edit source]
I have recently seen the article on this game and saw that the article's infobox had info that it's going to be announced for a release on Steam. I have removed that erroneous info and it could be a rumor as there is no official proof that Final Fantasy X is being announced for release on Steam for the PC market nor whether it's the original but upscaled PS2 edition or the X/X-2 HD Remaster that will be released on Steam.
And as such we must refrain from putting any rumors of FF X for PC as facts unless we have a gaming news website that confirmed such announcements as citations in order to prevent false hopes of people thinking that this game is getting a PC release, and one more thing, don't always count SteamDB for citations of future Final Fantasy releases for PCs as it's NOT the official Steam database that Steam nor Valve use to inform us of such things. Smackdown599 (talk) 01:45, February 18, 2016 (UTC)
The problem is that 90% of the games that were leaked in 2013 in the steamdatabse,were oficially anounced,also another games that were leaked like final fantasy 6,ended up become true,apparently the sony exclusivity over final fantasy games doesn't exist anymore,since FF 9 Was announced to pc as well,but yeah I do agree with you that it should be removed for the time being.(Godsenju (talk) 03:43, February 22, 2016 (UTC))