Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Obviously the first thing I do after downloading the PC version is check out the filesizes.
It was only after looking at a disc-change field screen that I realised that "End of Part I" and "End of Part II" refers to the end of Disc 1 and Disc 2. In the new PC version the screen doesn't tell you to change discs, but you are still taken to a black screen and given the option to save your game.
- (End of Disc 1)
- Please do not open the CD drive
until further instructions"
- End of Part 1
For those interested. 126.96.36.199 01:39, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
Familiar Icons[edit source]
Though the proportions aren't exact, intriguing that the WEAPON icons are posed exactly the same as our renders of them, along with a few other. Oh, and as discovered by the IRC, that's Tactics Chocobo art on the Chocobo icon. Doreiku Kuroofangu 22:51, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
- We've changed some of those images right? But yeah, when going through those images the outlines seemed all too familiar. But then I don't know where our original renders came from, via an official source or a user.
- I wouldn't be surprised if they just Googled for images of them though. JBed (talk) 23:00, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
The achievements[edit source]
Should we use the requirement descriptions from the game itself or from the website. In most circumstances we'd opt for the latter, however FFVII is all about the cloud which skews my perspective slightly.
Basically, website uses "Aerith", game uses "Aeris". 188.8.131.52 18:08, August 18, 2012 (UTC)
Materia overload[edit source]
So I'm playing in launcher version 184.108.40.206 and acquired "Materia Overload" without gaining an enemy skill. I don't know if there is a reliable source for patch notes, but from what just happened minutes ago in game for me, conflicts with the check only checking when an enemy skill is gained. I already have one mastered enemy skill and have mastered every materia once already, but fused them into Master materia so was working on regaining them. I mastered Kujata and Neo Bahamut, then gained the achievement. 220.127.116.11 04:09, July 27, 2013 (UTC)
Unnecessary information[edit source]
If you can't identify the unnecessary information then it probably isn't unnecessary. 18.104.22.168 20:31, December 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Most of the notes section was unnecessary. I didn't have the time to remove any myself, and Kelt has fixed it.
- Oh, also, I just noticed, I looked at the achievements on Steam, and Greased Lightning's description has an error, it just parrots the achievement for getting Yuffie. Probably should add it as a note. Tia-Lewise 14:41, December 26, 2013 (UTC)
- The notes were all necessary. Kelt merely edited the language, bar one regarding Gil which she moved the content to elsewhere.
- The descriptions on this page are from the SE launcher. If Steam or the SE site says differently then it should be mentioned in notes. 22.214.171.124 21:27, December 26, 2013 (UTC)
Master Materia[edit source]
This achievement must be bugged, because I just mastered Transform and no achievement was recieved. Not sure what happened but when I find out it might be worth putting in the notes that it acts up. Tia-Lewise 19:36, January 21, 2014 (UTC)
- I mastered Seal and it doesn't work with that one either... I'm not sure what the bug is. The achievement might not work at all. I'll let you know what, if any, materia's mastering does get it to activate. If I don't post again, you can assume it doesn't work with any materia, because I will eventually master them all.126.96.36.199 20:42, July 2, 2014 (UTC)
- Just mastered my Choco/Mog materia, and got the achievement. So, in my game, it was just Seal. In yours, it was Transform (though, both materia could be affected as I haven't mastered a Transform yet). But, the achievement isn't broken beyond acquisition, fortunately.188.8.131.52 02:17, July 3, 2014 (UTC)