Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Why exist this page and not, for example, Final Fantasy IV DS or Final Fantasy V Advance. All this cases are remakes, but only this has its own page... Embrace the stillness of eternity... Timeman 09:31, April 4, 2016 (UTC)
We decided some time ago that full remakes should have their own articles, but "remasters" can share. FFIV and FFIII 3D remakes thus should have their own pages, but alas...it'd a big project to undertake. It's easier for FFVII since we can just make them separate since the beginning.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 11:44, April 4, 2016 (UTC)
So... the FFIII and FFIV for DS must have their own pages but anyone has started yet because of the lack of "recent information" and recent sources? Unfortunately, even having both remakes I don't think I could create any of the pages and do it better than a "sketch" (and I'm not a native English talker, so I would make a lot of writting mistakes :P). Thanks for answering n.n. How long I have waited, for this chance! Timeman 14:12, April 5, 2016 (UTC)
It's not just the game articles themselves but also enemy articles and equipment lists (I think these are already done for FFIV and FFIII though). That's a huge undertaking and too bad we did not do them separate since the start, since it's a bit unlikely anyone wants to take on that project. But at least with FFVIIR we can do the remake stuff as its own thing since the beginning.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 16:04, April 5, 2016 (UTC)
Sony infodump today[edit source]
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/11/25/new-final-fantasy-vii-remake-screens-feature-moogles-weapon-abilities-materia-mini-games-and-more/ I'm writing this info into one of my Rants of the Moment, but there's good stuff in here. Bluestarultor BSA 20:59, November 25, 2019 (UTC)
Such a thing as too minor?[edit source]
Hello all. I was planning on making pages for some of the smaller characters in this game, like Wymer or Katie, and I am still willing to do so but have a question: are these characters too minor to have their own pages? They don’t exist for much beyond giving quests, but they still have their own designs, voices, personalities etc. I just want to make sure what the limit or criteria is for side characters to have their own articles. Thanks! ColdRamenTPM (talk) 23:13, April 11, 2020 (UTC)
- I think such characters would get their own pages, in particular because they could have sections about quests given; see for example Randolph (Final Fantasy XV). Really the only reason we won't give a character is if their role were so minor they could be easily absorbed into a location page. The Article Creation Policy (which is out-of-date, so take with a grain of salt) says something similar. Cat (meow ∙ hunt) 23:20, April 11, 2020 (UTC)
- From playing the game, there is definitely enough to say about these characters to warrant at least a couple paragraphs, which is fine. The Final Fantasy VII Remake script page will need filling out to help research for them, though (if someone does that, I suggest we just completely ignore the random background NPCs and only include dialogue from when someone talks to them). So yes, definitely make the pages.-- Technobliterator TC 23:28, April 11, 2020 (UTC)