Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Weapon models?[edit source]
Can someone confirm for me if equipping a new weapon changes the appearance of the character's weapon or not? I'd do it myself, but I only have access to the game's demos. HarpieSiren (talk) 01:20, May 8, 2013 (UTC)
- A user by the name of Mierna told me on my talk page that weapon models don't change, so there is only one standard appearance of a weapon regardless of whatever the character has equipped. I can't confirm or deny this personally since I've never played the game. Fenrir9 (talk) 01:15, May 9, 2013 (UTC)
Ultimate weapons?[edit source]
So I took out the ultimate weapon mention because—they're not really ultimate weapons, more like strongest or most powerful weapons instead. Ultimania calls them 最強の武器, Prima follows suit with most powerful or best weapon. They don't have special properties that set them apart from the rest, and perhaps their only unique distinction is that you get to fight Gilgamesh one-on-one for those weapons. But the ultimate weapon thing is easy to remember and I wouldn't want to remove it either—the term right now is just misleading or technically incorrect. Thoughts? Keep it or not? Mierna 12:01, March 25, 2015 (UTC)
Is this the really correct name as it is officially translated? And other thing, can get quicksilvers only defeat Gilgamesh on HD version? I thought it was neccesarry third playtrough that appears a rift.
- Since King, Machina, and Rem wield dual weapons, all their weapon names got pluralized, while the Japanese names were just written in singular form. (That's the last thing to worry about in Japanese anyway.)
- PSP or HD version, it's the same method to get the weapons: approaching the rift on the world map is what triggers the Gilgamesh fight, and it is only from third playthrough onwards. This is a different fight from three other instances you fight him. Mierna 20:38, April 5, 2015 (UTC)
Hi, Mierna, thanks for your answer. I wanted to ask a favour but if you don't want to do, don't worry. The favour if you have the game with these weapons "Quicksilvers", can you say how is the name of the "quicksilvers" in Spanish? I am doing a translation of FF7 and I would like to know how it was translated officialy. I will also collaborate in the translation of the Spanish wikia.
- I'm no Spanish speaker, so despite answers coming up on Google as azogue or mercurio, I don't want to confirm yet because it could be incorrect. Fortunately, Type-0 HD was translated into official Spanish text, but whether there are players who got that far in the game is another story. Mierna 12:23, April 6, 2015 (UTC)