Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
I feel that Sleipnir shouldn't be listed in the bosses section. While one does appear during the Odin boss fight, they also appear as random encounters (in various formations) in the Central Shrine. Other random enemies that also appear as bosses are treated this way, except for Hatamoto (maybe they should be moved too) - assuming I'm remembering correctly about them sometimes appearing randomly in Castle Edo. A similar case also exists on FFL1's page for P-Frog; this one *definitely* appears in random battles.
- This is one of the things that the wiki doesn't know how to define. Sometimes we place them in both in with the main enemies and wiht the bosses. Maybe a good definition would be that if they also appear outside of a boss battle then they shouldn't go in the bosses section, but then we have to deal with cases like VIII's Granaldo and Raldo where they are a boss the first time they are encountered and they feel pretty boss like at the time. So we decide that the main enemy is always the boss, so Granaldo is a boss. But Soul Fire is just an accompanying enemy in the Gi Nattak battle in VII, and it happens not to appear outside of battle. They're considered a "boss" but Raldo isn't?
- As I say, confusing. We don't have a proper definition or common mode of action. 18.104.22.168 16:36, April 29, 2014 (UTC)
In most cases though, the enemy has its own page, not an entire games' worth of enemies classed onto one page, seperated by boss/random. Still, FFL2 doesn't need individual articles for each enemy due to (Apollo and Arsenal aside) not having any special battle mechanisms or variation (other than stats and attacks) between enemies. Perhaps it should just be one big list, instead of two? HayanNinja (talk) 22:33, April 29, 2014 (UTC)