Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Again, you completely ignore the other four translations of the game when making the table. What translation is being used here? ILHI 11:45, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- NES for here. I guess I was in a hurry to get this done. I'll add the other columns to this, though I only know of the PS and GBA version....what's the 4th version? Xenomic 18:38, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- "other four translations" - NES (illegal fan-translation), NES DSOP (illegal official translation) PS, GBA, PSP. ILHI 18:48, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Oi vey....too many illegal stuff lol. I'll add the PSP column here as well I suppose. Xenomic 18:55, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
Hurm....speaking of translations pages, think we should go ahead and add one for this now? And do it for FFI as well (if it doesn't already have one)? That'd make the articles over on the FFI page less clustered and whatnot (looking at you Items page!). Xenomic 19:38, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'll be on it. ILHI 20:01, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Alright, in the meantime, I'll be hitting the Wanted Page and trying to fix up links there/make new articles IF they deserve them (see forum thread about that bit). Xenomic 20:02, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
Alright, do we want to group like spells together, like Fire V, Fire VIII, Fire XVI, etc? Or is the way it is set-up fine enough?
Yeah, I kinda figured it'd be bad to do, considering what I've gotten in there now (since Fire IV, VIII, and XIV are essentially "Fire", "Fira", and "Firaga" specifically just about). I think I'm done with this page though, since I don't think I can contribute anymore to it x_x
I just thought of this, but are we going to have to add a new column for the iPod version or not? Or are they the same names as the previous version?
The iPod version is a flat out port of the PSP version. There's basically no difference, except that the graphics aren't as high quality. So the only thing that we really need to add is to change the PSP column to PSP/iOS.
Tables look badEdit
These tables look REALLY bad with all the different names (that most people couldn't care less about). Isn't there an easier way to account for this instead of how this page goes about it. I mean readers come here to look up an ability and what it does, not fifty million other names which totally dwarf the actual ability description--Xion V. (talk) 09:31, January 14, 2018 (UTC)
- These enemy pages needs some massive updates; (FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV & FFVI) with the older names in parentheses and anchored. I also believe weapons and armor page would need updates for these older games, check out the talk page for FFII weapons article. Enemy pages should look like this: Final Fantasy IV -Interlude- enemy abilities. An example of the final result would be the following: Final Fantasy IV weapons when talking about anchoring and stuff. I'm planing on doing FFVI enemy abilities today after seeing it yesterday, so that page will be updated. Fenrir9 (talk) 14:20, January 14, 2018 (UTC)
- I kinda like Final Fantasy IV items when the game starts to have lotsa translations, but the parentheses option probably looks better with fewer translations. We should also probably be linking to the Translations page section at the top of the article so users still have the guide to know what to expect things to be called in their version. JBed (talk) 14:45, January 14, 2018 (UTC)
Well, I finished the enemy ability pages for FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, and will be finishing FFV later. I'll check out the weapon pages first then armor to see if they also need to be updated.--Xion V. (talk) 05:42, January 17, 2018 (UTC)