Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
So what is Ellone really? She'd be a sorceress would she? Able to sennd people's consciousness back to past and future?
Since she hasn't really been given Sorceress powers from a dying Sorceress, I think not - More likely she's just got the ability, y'know, like so-called "psychics".
Just made a minor correction - Laguna came to Winhill by being washed up on the beach, injured, after the mission in Centra where he ended up jumping off a cliff. --Mimi Sardinia 17:59, 28 July 2007 (UTC)
- Oh, and I just deleted the line about Squall meeting her on the White SeeD ship - he didn't, she was already gone by that point and Squall was told about how she left with some Esthari soldiers by the White SeeD captain. --Mimi Sardinia 18:05, 28 July 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you. I noticed that as well, and tried to fix it at one time, but the window closed and I gave it up. --Auron Kaizer 18:07, 28 July 2007 (UTC)
I may be a little nitpicky here, but the way this is phrased implies that Ellone was sent directly from Esthar to Edea's orphanage. Now while I really want to replay the game again, my memory is clear enough to know that Ellone talked about Raine giving birth as if she was present when it happened. Can the article be altered a bit to reflect that? I know other articles mention the details that came from that dialog (the one about Raine crying Laguna's name). --Mimi Sardinia 16:31, 13 August 2007 (UTC)
You're correct - Ellone went back to Winhill, and wasn't sent to the orphanage until after Raine had given birth to Squall and died. Laguna was unaware of any of these situations. I've fixed up this article a bit, including some of those factual errors.
I have a question, I know this is not on the topic but I was wondering how old Ellone was? I mean it never says and I always saw her as 5 years older then Squall but then I was reading the script awhile back and Laguna was saying how Ellone was on the ship for 10 years so I did the math and it didnt really work out. Have any ideas have old she is?
MoveEditMove to Ellone Loire? And don't bring up spoiler issues as the opening words are "Ellone Loire". ILHI 20:11, 21 October 2008 (UTC)
She's not of the Loire family actually - as she was adopted by Raine. And game materials do not note her as such.
I'm sure that at some point of the game Ellone says that she can only "connect" with the conciouness of someone she already know. I think it was at the escape pod. But she shows this isn't true, because she never met Rinoa and she sent Squall to her.
- Didn't she meet Rinoa in the cockpit/control centre when Rinoa deactivated Adel Seal lvl 1? I know it's not the "hi how are you" type meeting, but maybe for Ellone, that's all it takes. Right after that she can sense that Squall was all that's on Rinoa's mind. --aislingyngaio 22:46, January 12, 2011 (UTC)
Age, again Edit
The article gave Ellone's age as 19, but I think that's wrong, as judging by the time of the flashbacks. The article also mentioned Laguna having stayed several years, but this also doesn't fit with the timeline for several reasons:
-Zell says Timber was invaded 17 years ago. This must be wrong, as it must have been longer than that, otherwise there wouldn't have been any time for Laguna to go to Winhill after the war and marry, and if we keep in mind that Squall is almost 18 as the game takes place... I think Timber must've been invaded 19 years ago the earliest and Zell might have just been confused. However the invasion of Timber couldn't have been a terribly long ago either as Watts and Zone remember the end of the war and they're not that old...(though no ages are given)
-Laguna first fought in the Timber war and then went straight to Centra and then straight to Winhill. All this could've happened fast.
-Ellone was old enough to walk and talk then, she could've been like 3-4 years old at this point. This is 19-18 years before the game's start if we keep the Timber invasion as benchmark.
-Laguna and Raine must've got married fast. First Laguna was bed-ridden for nearly 6 months. Then he recovers and soon after is visited by Kiros who tells him of Timber Maniacs. If Squall is almost 18-years old in the game (his birthday is in August and the game happens during summer) and Raine was pregnant for 9 months (could be slightly less, Squall could have been premature), Laguna and Raine must have got it going very soon after the flashback. Keltainentoukokuu 19:29, May 16, 2010 (UTC)Keltainentoukokuu
Age, Confirmed Edit
Just a heads up, Ellone's age is confirmed to be about four during Laguna's Winhill flashback. Laguna mentioned in Esthar (when the party met him for the first time) that the massive hunt for girls first occured when Elle was two, then if you talked to the Galbadian soldier in the Winhill townsquare during his flashback he'll mention that the raid happened two years ago, meaning she was orphaned at two, met Laguna at three, and got kidnapped at about 4-5 (cause we don't know exactly how many months after the flashback she was kidnapped).
Ellone is never called Ellone Leonhart in FFVIII, so I think this is an inappropriate name for the article. I think Ellone probably had her original surname, from her original parents, which is unknown.Keltainentoukokuu 22:34, December 10, 2010 (UTC)
Attack on timber. Edit
The attack on Timber could have easily taken place 17 years ago, because the war Laguna was involved in was with the Dollet Dukedom. Keep in mind that Laguna wrote for Timber Maniacs AFTER he left Winhill but before he found Ellone. If anyone's confused about their years, I give the credit to Laguna but not Zell.
- The war Laguna was in the first flashback was Galbadia invading Timber.Keltainentoukokuu 03:48, January 14, 2011 (UTC)
Star Wars Trivia Edit
why cant i put you're my only hope its from star wars?
and that quote was made famous by Star wars + first page if you look at Google and type you're my only hope a star wars Wikiquote appears so made famous by star wars.
- Some people don't feel it is specific enough to count as a Star Wars allusion. It is in the FFVIII allusions page too though, so I think it could be mentioned on this page as well.Keltainentoukokuu 21:40, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you I believe it should be too.