Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
is it true that after lvl 70 edward stats go to the skies?
Have you ever met someone who's used Edward?
mmm... yeah you are right... I'm not going trough the process of doing that... Kain, edge and cecil are enough
Dear god he sucks! I used him on the GBA to get his weapon in the Cave of Trials. Only 1400 HP over Level 50, he can't cast spells, his armor sucks, and without magic all he can do is attack, but as a fighter he's crap. Not to mention he Hides when he's near fatal. Really, why would anyone want to use this guy, he's pathetic!
Poor edwardSxoxpxhxixe 12:23, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
I have to agree with Drake up there. Even when he does get to LVL 70 he's still pretty bad as a character. He's more likely to die than the White Mage, or even the Black Mage for that matter, you waste a lot of items if you use his Heal ability plus even with the best harp on the game his attack is still pretty weak. So, while his stats does get better when he's in LVL 70 it's not enough to make him a good character to use in the party, and he was always in danger of dying when I had him in the party against Zeromus so I wouldn't recommend putting him in the party the first time you go killing him. --Marael 03:01, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Move to Gilbart Chris Von Muir[edit source]
In recognition of the move of Cissnei to Shuriken (Female), we should move Edward Chris von Muir! Obviously, since Cissnei was moved because her first appearance is in a Japanese only game, despite having another appearance in the English release of Crisis Core - despite it being a misnomer, it is still a name referred to. Shall we? >;3
The Cissnei debate is odd, I don't fully understand why it was moved, when "Cissnei" is a better page name.
That aside, it's Wiki policy to refer to page names by their English names, assuming they have English names. Edward does, so he should stay here. Cissnei does too, but AFAIK, she says it's not her real name. Doesn't make much sense to me with Edge and Balthier's pages....hm.
Well, whatever the case, Edward should stay here, and though it's a debate for another page, Cissnei should be on that page.
Indeed. Balthier should be called Balflear if this continues on! >;3
Cut the silliness, bub. Cissnei should be moved to Shizune. Get your facts straight before attempting to be a smart-ass
I am sorry, but this attempt at sounding so "streetwise" does not convince me. Shizune? What is this reference to the direct transliteration of the kana? And Cloud should be moved to Kuraudo, you're saying? This is to laugh >;3
@DC: The thing is, "Shuriken (Female)" is even further from a real name too. It's not using a real name over a more commonly used alias: It's actually calling her a gameplay name, instead of a name she does actually get killed. "Shuriken (Female)" isn't her name. It's just the way to describe the character. No character ever calls her "Shuriken (Female)", or just "Shuriken", but she is called "Cissnei". ILHI 03:32, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
Edward's English name is Edward Chris von Muir. It's his real name. There's no reason to move it to the Japanese name.As for Cissnei, I have no idea what happens in Crisis Core, but as ILHI points out, Shuriken (Female), Cissinei, and "Shizune" are all aliases, so one is no more "accurate" than the other. Therefore, I think we should use the English localization of her name, Cissnei.
The Truth[edit source]
You are all gonna hate me for this,but I think Edward is pretty useful and awesome. Wanna know why I like Edward? 10 very good reasons!
1. In the DS version,you can acctualy CHOOSE the songs he sings,so you don't get the ones you don't want.
2. Hes way better then other bards out there *Cough*FFIII Bard*Cough*
3. His harps,when attacking,have a VERY high chance of inflicting a status effect on an enemy.
4. His harps (like bows) can work the same way in the back row.
5. Hes the reason Tellah made the funniest quote in FFIV,"You spoony bard!"
6. Without him,Dark El..err..Astos would tear us to ribbons.
7. If you have a zillion hi-potions,Salve can be awesome.
8. Hide can be a good ability if you wanna level up Edward when hes weak.
9. He actually can make good songs. I don't think Astos likes it though.
10. Lifes Anthem = FREE HP!!!!!!!
So you can scream. You can say "YOU SUCK EDWARD IS THE WORST EVER". You can even vote for him a zillion times in "Most Useless Character in the Series". I will NEVER,EVER stop thinking Edward is an awesome character. Cid (FFIV) is the worst. Hitherelol
I totally agree with you. When I got the DS version of FFIV two weeks ago, I was surprised by how useful he was and how much I liked him (I had really low expectations of him). Sure, he's whiny, but that's angst for ya.
Spoony Bard[edit source]
Given all the references to it, both in the series and outside, maybe we should give the reference its own page. Drake Clawfang 06:42, September 10, 2009 (UTC)
is he wearing a livestrong bracelet? Phoenixlol 20:08, April 1, 2010 (UTC)
Original name[edit source]
When he's called Gilbert in the Japanese version (the version that came out first!) so why do people claim that "Edward" is his real name? I mean there's already one Edward (Edge) in this game. Alright there are a lot of people who share my name as well in the real life :P But having several characters with the same name is rather unlikely in ANY kind of fictional story. (it happens but very rarely though). For me he will be Gilbert. :D --Haitani 09:57, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Because the translators have translated his name as such. We don't call Terra Branford "Tina", do we? If you're just talking personal taste, I understand, but that's really something more for a forum post or a userpage spot than a talk page.Just something to keep in mind for next time ^^ Jimcloud 10:05, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
- This is the English FFWiki. Gilbert, Tina, Cefca and Butz are the official Japanese transliterations of Edward, Terra, Kefka and Bartz. We use the former ones because they are the official English transliterations. - Henryacores^ 18:37, April 24, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah I know that those are their "transliterations". And that's okay. Sorry for bringing that up again, but my point was, Why call im "Edward" of all names? There already is a character called Edward! :D --220.127.116.11 19:29, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
Because his name wasn't Edward in English until the PSP one. It was just Edge. The original English release of FF4 had no surnames or nicknames. That didn't start until FF6, and it was ignored again for subsequent remakes of 4, as well as Dissidia. So until Complete Collection, it was officially just Edge, Cecil, Kain... at least in English. Dazuro 20:09, May 8, 2011 (UTC)
Picture of Edward in the After Years[edit source]
Seriously, can we get a full-body picture or even a CG for Edward in The After Years? Does anyone else thinks that its not fair that we have so many pictures of the other protagonists but not even a full body CG for Edward for the sequel? --Marael 02:18, July 2, 2011 (UTC)
Frog Song in After Years![edit source]
Edward can sort of use Frog Song with his Bardsong ability. I was going through his challenge dungeon again (was really nice after the first two megalixirs) when, inexplicably, I got turned into a frog. I had Edward set to use Bardsong auto on the whole team right? Well he kept casting. He then used Frogsong on the entire team.
So Yeah. Frogd while casting means Frogsong comes out..on whoever your song was going to target. Fortunately once you get frog off him (Frogsong in this manner does not) a full-team Salve of Maidens Kiss clears things right up! Surprised the hell out of me. 18.104.22.168 02:12, July 16, 2011 (UTC)
"late twenties"[edit source]
24-25 is late twenties??