Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
|Take a good look. Isn't it beautiful?|
|Behold! This article has been chosen as the Featured Article of September, 2009!|
|Even so, if you wish to improve the article, do not hesitate! You can also nominate your favorite articles to be featured here!|
constant changes[edit source]
why does info on the sequel keep getting deleted when so many sites are saying it is official? Even square-Enix says its official!
First off, sign your posts with ~~~~. Secondly, it has not been officially announced; it was a splash in a third party magazine, and we've had hoaxes like this before. Until square themselves makes an official announcement, it is not legit. Likeacupcake 02:56, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
It's legit. Here's the official website: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dissidia_012/
Shouldn't we include the tutors as characters I mean they did appear in the game.Lord of the Dark Depths 22:04, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
- They're just cameos, so we shouldn't. Unless under separate, 'tutors' section made specially for them. SquallisbetterthanCloud 23:17, September 30, 2010 (UTC)
Unused Aerith model[edit source]
Apparently Aerith was gonna appear in Dissidia, but got taken out File:Dissidia Final Fantasy Aerith.png
Kaihedgie 00:57, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
Why her though? Kaihedgie 01:04, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Eh, isn't that just her Crisis Core model?Keltainentoukokuu 01:35, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Why did they use Yuna, Rikku, Ashe and Vaan models while testing FFXIII? Were they going to appear too? - Henryacores^ 01:39, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Coincidence? We were just talking about this model on the IRC recently. Consensus is that Square probably used the same engine as CC when they made Dissidia, and so they left the model on there -- there is another unused model, that of a Crisis Core Tonberry. Reasoning explained. Jimcloud 01:48, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
So I noticed that the descriptions of the characters' attacks don't particularly match the descriptions in the command chart in the customization section of the game. Now, do you think we'd benefit more from keeping the self-made descriptions, or descriptions that match the ones in-game? AeonofOblivion 17:53, March 3, 2011 (UTC)
"Dissidia 013 [tredecim] Final Fantasy"[edit source]
Even though the official name of this game is simply Dissidia Final Fantasy, since this game tells the story of the 13th cycle of battle, and Dissidia 012 tells the story of the 12th cycle of battle, under the new naming tradition established in Dissidia 012, the actual title of this game would be Dissidia 013 [tredecim] Final Fantasy, because while duodecim is Latin for "twelve," tredecim is Latin for "thirteen." Now, I know that this is not the official title, since this game was released first, but I still think that this should be mentioned in the Trivia section of this article.
- Unless Square suddenly starts calling it that, then that has no place in this article. It's not a "new naming tradition" that would just be us going "lol we know Latin". HarpieSiren 19:13, May 12, 2011 (UTC)
- No because the game will forever be called Dissidia Final Fantasy. If we ignore Dawn of Souls, it would be like calling the original Final Fantasy "Final Fantasy One", which, as I said, only happens once, in a compilation. The same can be seen in other series', such as "Gran Turismo", or "Sonic the Hedgehog". Normally the first games of each series does not have any numeral indication, due to, well, being a complete experiment over the market.
Prequel to a Prequel?[edit source]
Look I may be the only one but does anyone want to play the 11th cycle where gabranth and shantotto appear with the new warriors as main characters? again I may be the only one but I bet they could do it they could add Zack, Auron, Genessis they have the cast but I don't know is anyone besides me remotely interested?
- This type of commentaries is not suited for this page. Please take this topic to the forum. - Henryacores^ 01:24, June 2, 2011 (UTC)
DLC for Dissidia Final Fantasy[edit source]
You know what I think they should release DLC outfits and music including Return Of Palutena and Dark Pit's Theme as a music dlc and Pit from Kid Icarus as a DLC costume for Zidane and Nightmare from Soul Calibur as a DLC costume for Garland.220.127.116.11 10:32, May 5, 2013 (UTC)