Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Okay, what the hell's up with Crusader? I know the emphasis on espers is on their stat-ups and spells, but at least their attacks are normally worth using.. at least once.. ever. In all of my extensive testing (read: three or four battles before I got annoyed and quit), against multiple enemy types, always with both parties starting at full health.. it consistently manages to kill Locke, deal about 5,000 damage to the rest of my party, and 205-306 to every enemy. ... what? Am I missing something? At least Meltdown can be absorbed/negated with equipment...
- Jihad is the Japanese name. It's apparently used in some fan translations, but nothing official. ScatheMote 16:40, May 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Blame Japan and their fascination with the concepts behind foreign religions. Sp♠des Slick 19:59, August 29, 2014 (UTC)
This page reads like like perhaps it was written by two different authors. "Jihad" literally means "struggle," and its meaning varies on context - it can be an internal struggle to better oneself, it an be a struggle to protect ones homeland, it can refer to the internecine wars between the Sunnah and the proto-Shi'a beginning with the Battle of Karbala in 680 CE, or in modern language it can refer to terrorists & militia in the various Middle Eastern conflicts today. In modern religious thought, "jihad" still refers to the internal struggle to better oneself, although the term is, for obvious reasons, rapidly falling out of favor in Western countries due to its more violent expressions. Although I recognize that this FFwiki isn't a Middle Eastern history class, I would definitely urge that care be taken in defining the term. Auronrenouille (talk) 00:36, January 20, 2016 (UTC)
- You can always edit to improve the quality and accuracy of anything you think needs it on the wiki.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 15:49, January 20, 2016 (UTC)
Crusader = Warring Triad? Edit
I'm a little surprised this wasn't already listed on either page, but... isn't Crusader/Jihad the Warring Triad? There's at least a heavy similarity. The Triad is "Demon, Fiend, and Goddess;" the Crusader is "a holy war between demon, devil, and goddess." Fiend and devil are often interchangeable, and there's some similarity between the summon sprites and the final battle sprites. Surely this is at least a notable coincidence, if not an outright connection? --Hoogathy (talk) 03:37, September 29, 2014 (UTC)