Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
So this Cid is based on Gackt, huh? I have to ask a source for this claim, since I sure as hell haven't found any pixs. SamSandy 09:48, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
- While I agree there should be a source, well, look at him. Square has a pretty big obsession with Gackt and has shamelessly included his likeness before, so it's at least not an unreasonable comparison. Still needs a source, but it's not a stretch. XD Bluestarultor 02:31, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
Based on Gackt? When I saw him I thought blatent plagarism of Roy Mustang from the Full Metal Alchemist series. Way too similar to not be on purpose.
Cid's Alliegence[edit source]
Where's the proof that Cid works with the Sanctem? In the link I took to get to this page, it stated that Cid was the leader of the Cocoon army. You should refrain from posting such info until it is confirmed, or at the very least state that there are rumors that he is a member of the Sanctem or Cocoon army.
- Sanctum uniform. Pretty much says it all. - Henryacores^ 16:35, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
Damn. I was hoping for a good Cid this time. Maybe in XV...
Call it a hunch, but something about him tells me that he'll end up helping the heroes before the end.
IMO He have a resemblance to Noctis :) And hell yeah! He really looks a badass Antagonist.
Finally someone realizes that he looks like Noctis! Put that in his triva. And hey, not all the black-haird guys were badasses. Take Vincent for example. He's a good guy and he's awesome~!--NinjaSheik 22:09, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
Check out the English sub of the final trailer. He says he's a servant of the fal'Cie. Trailer posted on XIII talk page.FaythOfFenrir 20:08, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
Err... I meant sub. Sorry to get your hopes up. It was a typo. S and D are right next to each other. FaythOfFenrir 20:15, November 26, 2009 (UTC)
In the image he is a Cie Corpse, and with his statment of being a fal'Cie slave, he is definite a l'Cie, unless it's proven that his monster form isn't a Corpse but something else. SO I will categorize him as a l'Cie.Redeemer and Destroyer 28:10, December 16, 2009 (UTC)
Reinz or Rayne[edit source]
i read Cid's surname was rayne not reinz Hamfruitcake 09 19:58, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
- Hasn't been announced. Fans aren't reliable anywhere. We stick to this one. - Henryacores^ 20:01, November 27, 2009 (UTC)
He has his own render, like the main 6 and Serah. He must be very important.
Well, the cid of the game is always important. But this time, they really turned him into a bishounen; He's ussually an unlikable old guy.
They AREN'T Gunblades![edit source]
Gunblades aren't Gun/sword hybrids, they're one that looks like the other. Plus, They had their own name. I recall it being... Something, Edge.
Blaze Edge? That's the name of Lightning's weapon. FaythOfFenrir 01:34, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
Yes... that's it. I got it mixed up there for a minute. But according to the past record of gunblades, none were ever both a gun and a blade. Either these things aren't gunblades, or FFXIII is screwing up the formula. MadHatter1284 01:39, December 7, 2009 (UTC)
Ok, they don't look like the other gunblades of the series. BUT they are GUNS and HAVE BLADES, so GUNBLADE. And you are wrong Hatter in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII the gunblades were weapons that worked like guns and like swords, they just didn't have the morphing abilitie of Lightning's weapon.
Doesn't Cid look familiar?[edit source]
Cid seriously reminds me of both Noctis and Vincent Valentine, as he appeared as a Turk in Dirge of Cerberus.
- It's strange, but I thought that way about Cid too, about how he looks like Noctis of coarse. Who knows, maybe in Versus XIII, there will be a character that looks like Lightning. Werehog, 2:52 PM, 12/9/2009 (UTC)
Two things about Trivia...[edit source]
First (I wonder what it's doing there anyway...) Raine was definetly Squall's mother. Or is the word "believed" to make sure it won't spoil VIII for people?
Second, should there be a mention of Cid Raines being the only Cid who is called by his surname instead of "Cid". No one EVER called him Cid during the game, they always called him Raines, or Cid Raines. ZaFlareStar 1:26, 21st of June, 2010 (UTC)
- I think that could be added, yeah. In some games Cid is often referred to by his title, but never mainly with his surname. Keltainentoukokuu 02:25, June 21, 2010 (UTC)Keltainentoukokuu
Added it. If anyone wants to object with good reasoning, go on ahead. ZaFlareStar 11:17, 21st June, 2010 (UTC)
Ah, someone removed trivia added by me AGAIN instead of just editing it. If there's another Cid who is called by only his surname, it's obviously not in the main series (I've finished them all, excluding II, III and VI). Surely adding "in the main series" exhausts you less than removing the entire sentence. ZaFlareStar 14:02, 21st of June, 2010 (UTC)
FFXIII the lost report[edit source]
Yaag and Rygdea are the view points to show their fate. I wonder why Cid doesnt have a part?(I added FF13 lost report to Yaag's channel just recently) 22.214.171.124 12:24, September 19, 2011 (UTC) Cloudstrfecomplete