Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
I recently picked back up FF9, and I got to the chocobo forest, and I played the game, and I got the first chocograph, but the next two I got required the reef ability. How in the world am I suppose to be able to get that ability if I can't get anymore chocographs (which have stopped showing up in the game) when I'm stuck with two that require an ability that I should have been given earlier in the hot cold game. What do I do? -- Shaeldar (Talk | Contribs), July 2009
- On first reaching the forest, you can actually get nine Chocographs (and a Chocograph Piece or two), but it's possible to play H&C for hours without seeing any. It's all probability, so unless your game's genuinely broken, it's just bad luck -- Sorceror Nobody 15:25, July 8, 2010 (UTC)
Maybe I'm being too picky about it but is it really necessary to have the treasure items in plural form? The game never says you got 3 Elixirs; it's simply 3 Elixir. "Phoenix Downs" sounds horrible.20:30, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
- I would be behind either matching the receipt messages, or doing what we often do elsewhere which is "[singular item] x[no]". I'm not a fan of pluralising things where there is no in-game plural. 220.127.116.11 21:01, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Exactly. It's either "12 Peridot", like it says in the game, or "Peridot x12". Right now the table reads "12 Peridot Gems". This could confuse people since there's no item called Peridot Gem. 21:05, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
Disc Availability[edit source]
Can we add a section for each chocograph which explains what disk you can reach it on, and what stage of each disk you can get them at? For example, the Healing Shore can be reached after going through Gizamaluke's Grotto, and with the reef ability the player can go back and get the Small Beach and Bird's Eye Lagoon all on Disc 1. Whereas the Uncultivated Land cannot be reached until Disc 3, when you get the mountain Chocobo, as the Ice Cavern will be blocked so there is no other way to reach the valley floor. This info seems important to me, especially since most can't be gotten until you get the Blue Narciss or an airship. --18.104.22.168 15:14, July 20, 2013 (UTC)
Chocograph location images need updating[edit source]
It might serve us better if the images we had were in English, and the ones we have are in Japanese. I guess that doesn't matter so much but we're an English wiki and should probably have English language images for games that have been released outside Japan. Also they seem to have some sort of stamp or watermark on them which we could do without. Tia-Lewise 10:27, October 17, 2014 (UTC)
- Low priority since the location itself is more important than the text, but I do not think uploading new images is a bad idea. The images aren't named well either (just numbers instead of the location names). If someone can grab an emu and get them then that'd be good.-- Technobliterator TC 10:59, October 17, 2014 (UTC)