Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
So I thought I should say that most of this chocobo breeding info is off ...playing ffvii right now and the results it says i should get by breeding 2 greats and what I am getting are off ....i'm getting blues and yellows from greats and no green ...and i checked by getting new greats so a misunderstanding isn't the issue please can someone fix this. I don't revise big things like this because i know i can make a mistake but i do hate it when others carelessly make mistakes.
Is it impossible to get a black chocobo with less than A-class green and blue chocobos? Or is it just far less likely? Every guide says to get them to A-class, but don;t go into the specifics of why. I think that that info should be included in this ffwiki page.
Please sign your post with tour tildes. I don't believe it's impossible, it just increases the chances much more because they're "better" chocobos. It's probably not something we would be able to cover here until we had the probabilities, because without them we have no solid ground to claim anything as fact. Luckily for everyone I have just restarted VII and might be able to get the probabilities myself. Tia-Lewise 23:42, January 1, 2014 (UTC)
You can get Gold Chocobo without any racing. 184.108.40.206 23:53, January 1, 2014 (UTC)
Steam version chocobo descriptions Edit
I've just got a fair chocobo (standing still when choosing to put them in stables, so I think it's the fair one), and it was described as, "This chocobo's so-so." Want me to include this in the table with a note of the difference between versions? Tia-Lewise 20:10, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
- That seems like a good idea. I assume the Steam translations are identical to the original PC version.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 20:13, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
- I believe so. How should I do it? With a line break, and a footnote? EDIT- Well hang on a sec, I just got another one that stands still, but says, "Mmm, this one's not bad." That complicates it, damn. Tia-Lewise 20:16, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
wonderful > great > like a good > so-so > pretty average > not bad > doesn't seem to be very good > can't recommend. 220.127.116.11 21:21, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
- So is this "So-so" a whole new grade in itself, or is it one of the others? Tia-Lewise 21:23, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
- Nothing is "new", they were in all versions. But not in the table. In the table further down there are eight ranks of Chocobo, but the description table didn't have them all in for some reason. 18.104.22.168 21:31, January 30, 2014 (UTC)
Chocobo Page Layout Edit
Context: Continued discussion from Talk:Chocobo (Advent Children), a deleted article; new Chocobo page layout, then the below proposal:
==Story== All-media story ==Nature== All-media how chocobos do. Mention figurines and costumes here or give its own section? I think its own section but I don't know what to call it. ==Breeds== All-media variations in the breeds. Ref to VII for the implications from gameplay ==Specific Chocobos== Game-divided section for specific encounterable chocobos as per my list above. Like an array of small character articles, naturally Materia you get from them go here. We could also have a game-divided section for "Battle" where we put where Chocobos appear in battle (they do a lot). ==Raising Chocobos== ===Catching=== VII on catching, battles, tracks, Farm, Lure, and types ===Riding=== VII on riding, uses and access-locations, breed capabilities (could be put under theoretical VII-WM-Gameplay h2), interaction with Highwind ===Improving=== Stat stuff. could mix in with Breeding technically. ===Breeding=== MAIN. VII on raising, breeding, and allusions to racing although that has its own section because it is more than a part of raising. ==Chocobo Racing== MAIN VII on minigame
Looking back at this suggestion now, I don't remember why I disagreed...the suggestion seems fine for the most part. The main reason was probably just the lack of a Chocobo Racing and Breeding article. It could be adapted (not sure what Specific Chocobos could really be for?) but I do like the idea of Raising Chocobos being a header and putting stuff under that. I disagree with Chocobo Racing as a header, there are other quests involving Chocobos and I posit that the Quests header should stay.