Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
I haven't played TA, but I must say that's pretty damn cool that there's a character that could be named after President Cheney. Crazyswordsman 05:44, 21 October 2006 (UTC)
- WOW what a coincidence! I have Cheney in my party and he kicks Totema's buttresesses!! Bluerダヨ 20:17, 20 April 2007 (UTC)
Vice-President of Ivalice[edit source]
There is a possibility that Cheney is named after Vice President Dick Cheney, who also hunts occasionally, and is also known for his hunting incident in early 2006. However, this is a small chance, as few people were aware that he hunted when the game was made in 2003.
I'm posting it here, because posting it in the page is claimed to be moronic. Blue。 21:50, 26 October 2007 (UTC)
So it should be removed? Well I'll remove it, if anyone has anything to say they can say it here and give a legitimate reason of why it should stay in the article. If Blue moved it here, then here it shall stay. Azul 20:49, 5 December 2007 (UTC)
- I don't see why it doesn't have a legitimate chance of being true... come on, Cheney recruits as a Hunter and Dick Cheney hunts... it's a match made in heaven. Also, putting it here defeats the purpose of hosting this information anyway... might as well delete it if you're not going to give it a chance. --Frusion1021 21:04, 5 December 2007 (UTC)
- Also worth noting that to acquire him you need to have equipped the "Snake Shield." Come on, Dick Cheney is pretty venomous, and snake-like, don't you think? --Montblanc 05:23, 30 March 2008 (UTC)
First and foremost, this is purely speculation. Even if it's true, it is pure coincidence. FFTA came out in 2003, of which work began on 2002. On February 11, 2006, Cheney accidentally shot Harry Whittington, which is three years from when the game came out. Before that it wasn't public knowledge that he likes to hunt. It is a theory, just like Marche a villain being a theory. I don't want to argue further. Blue。 08:06, 6 December 2007 (UTC)
This page should be protected because people keep adding Dick Cheney to the etymology. FaythOfFenrir 02:49, December 12, 2009 (UTC)
French for oak.[edit source]
"Chênes" is French for "oaks". 'Cheney' is not French.