Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Mononnofu has Shades of Black. Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/939426-final-fantasy-xii-international-zodiac-job-system/faqs/55516
Uh, why is this page titled Mononofu? I've never seen the Samurai in IZJS be called anything other than Samurai. Maybe Mononofu is what they call it in IZJS, but I'm pretty sure it's Samurai in English. That said, is this something that needs to be asked on Forum:Fan Translations?-- Technobliterator TC 16:40, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
- We don't actually use the IZJS fanslation on the wiki. There's not that much new content to translate besides a few weapons (most weapons just add a letter to an existing one), a new license, some bosses who are the judges anyway, and the jobs. That's all I can think of.
- The reason we probably call this Mononofu? Because it's not Samurai, if they wanted it to be Samurai they would have called it Samurai (侍)-- it's a Japanese word after all.
- Mononofu probably has more of a cultural or additional meaning. We don't have much reason to ignore it when we can choose what to call it. 18.104.22.168 18:38, January 30, 2015 (UTC)