Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
I agree with the content and such, but I think calling the page "Artificial Intelligance" is giving it WAY too much credit. AI actually has the ability to make informed choices and such, whereas all that these things do in the game is run through a pre-programed alrogithm, or pick some things randomly (such as confusion). That's definately NOT AI, so I guess what I'm saying is that I would recommend changing the Page Title to something like "Computer Controlled Actions" or something similar. Either way, I'll look into adding the tactics data in where you left the stub, but it may be a while since I'm not exactly sure how detailed or how much info you want, plus I'm trying to finish up the weathe rpage first (and almost finished...YAY!).
Enemy AI[edit source]
I wanted to write an entry about enemy AI in Final Fantasy 1 so that when I start overhauling the enemy pages and related items, I could link back to this page to explain what the heck a spell cycle or a skill cycle is. I thought that this page would be the best place to do it, but the focus of this article appears to be when PCs are temporarily taken out of the player's control as opposed to how enemies determine their actions.
Still, with such a generic title I think this would be the best place to do it. There's been in-depth releases about how FFI and FFVI enemy AI works thanks to several detailed bestiary guides from GameFAQs, and I think that definitely has a spot on this wiki. Is there anyone opposed to this? SpeedBurner (talk) 19:38, September 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I think if we were to explain this kind of concept we would probably do it on a general Enemy page, which apparently doesn't exist. Such a page would explain the mechanics of an enemy, so things like how elemental and status attributes work in the game, as well as the system and capabilities of AI.
- Although now that I think about it, it may be suitable to mention here. In VII they use the same AI system for Formation AI, Enemy AI, and Sephiroth AI after all. JBed (talk) 20:23, September 19, 2014 (UTC)