Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Should an "Armor Break (status)" exist? Your armor can be broken due other means than using Armor Break, after all.Keltainentoukokuu 03:30, September 25, 2010 (UTC)Keltainentoukokuu
- Like, in FFVII, you can have the armor break "status" on the Battle Square if you get it as a handicap, but there is no actual ability that causes it.Keltainentoukokuu 03:33, September 25, 2010 (UTC)Keltainentoukokuu
Well...since we DO have status pages for statuses that exist in one or more game that isn't TOO known, probably could have those pages, though we'd have to change all of these Break articles to like Armor Break (ability) then...I'm not gonna help on refixing all links on that!But I do think we could. It exists in FFVII (only in Battle Square) and in X/X-2 as a status (dunno about later FF games), and CAN be put on through other abilities so....
- I don't think we need to ever fix the links. The ability page can serve as the main page or just redirect it to the "x Break (ability)" page and then create the "x Break (status)". -- Inpursuit 05:11, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
Deprotect in FFXIII is a status as well as a spell as well (...ok weird sounding sentence...) and Revenant Wings has something called Stamina Down enemies can cast on you and FFVIII has Vit 0 which I think could be merged with armor break (status) article. But then there are the Mental Break and Power Break and Magic Break articles...Keltainentoukokuu 18:35, September 25, 2010 (UTC)Keltainentoukokuu
- Statuses and spells should always be seperate. 22.214.171.124 18:36, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
I want to add this to the XII section, but I want a confirmation that it is correct, first:
- "Deprotect is an ability available to the Saboteur paradigm role that lowers an enemy's defense by 89%. As the name implies, casting it will also cancel an enemy's Protect status; once this is done, a second successful casting is required to lower defense."
- VvAnarchangelvV 03:22, October 9, 2011 (UTC)